Jackson Hole stoke thread...2015-16!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 minute ago, NMSKI said:

Today was fucking fun! Huge thanks to Jeff for showing us some of the steeps (paintbrush and tower 3 chute). I had been eyeing those up all trip so far and I love me some steeps! (Real steeps, not camelback steeps). Got that great day 4 in a row feeling when everything is clicking. Boots feel good, legs and lungs are strong, and of course I still emit ridiculous amounts of pheromones. A hot lifty told me she was single! Sorry ladies, this stud is taken. Life is good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm jealous the only lady who has ever had a sexual interest in me here in JH looks a little like my mom and was legal drinking age in the mid 80s

• Like 2

I'm no longer a JH virgin and it feels really good. Like Madonna said "Touched for the very first time". Great day with great people and yes props to Jeff like NMski said for being a tour guide. Laramie bowl first thing was so good. It's steeper than razors but designated a double blue. Lol. Paintbrush and tower whatever were also great as was the cirque but the ROTD for me was the hobacks . The hobacks were definitely as advertised. Steep, long ungroomed. Leg burner for sure. Ended up taking a solo ride on the tram. Did the obligatory Corbetts photo then skied Rondezvous bowl to Cheyenne bowl to Sublette Ridge through some fields of snow and vegetation to a groomer the moose creek lift for a full 4100 vert.

Pics below. First is Rondezvous. Second is Laramie bowl. Third is the hobacks with Atomic Jeff in the distance. Fourth is another sunshiney pic from the first lift ride this morning. a0d011e683060b289cba393d814d1094.jpg37d2696945b51a2eabf32f46f53b3c92.jpg9d9aecf63d351c49897936c80774ba4b.jpgdcf5e19cec8d57a2c83b39d7a23eac0b.jpg

• Like 7

Can’t forget to mention, we saw 2 moose in the woods at the top of the Union pass lift when we were returning from the hobacks. First live moose sighting for me so I’m pretty pumped about that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

January 30, 2018

Day 5 of 7

Hey All,

I'm back from another ski day at Jackson hole mountain resort. For those keeping track at home, day one was a half powder day, days 2 and 3 were full powder days and day 4 was super nice pleasent conditions ranging from chalk to chowder...today was not very good conditions.  Flashback to yesterday when I had a couple beers at the mangy moose, two Long Island iced teas, several room beers, a bird bath sized strawberry margarita, a Jameson shot and a double jack and coke...I was hurting for certain when I woke up this morning.  My voice was lost from loudly talking over a country band at the cowboy bar and a splitting headache and acid indigestion..lovely. 

In town it was 43 degrees, the warmest I've ever encountered here in January..booted up and first civilian gondola with a guy we've met with before who grew up in saucon valley and who's brother knows Atomic Jeff.  Some began on the tram and some on the gondola.  First run on amphitheater was hardpack frozen cord..snow wasn't terrible to start but the light was flat..first day I couldn't just point em..up thunder and down grand which was more of the same..had to throw em sideways a few times.  Up sublette to rendezvous trail which was similar a bit better light and over to thunder chair. Up thunder and down upper Amphitheater which had vertigo inducing light..I'm dizzy just thinking about it..across the nez perfect traverse into Casper area which had very chunky uneven refrozen snot and flat light.  Then up teton lift skied some woods which started off good and got progressively worse down to the apres vous chair.  

Up apres vous actually had decent cord first part of the run and over to the Casper chair..up Casper some more cord next to the stash park and I just wasn't feeling it today and didn't want to get hurt so me, Atomic Jeff, Nastar Glenn and MBike Mike skied down to the base via blacktail and Sundance..made the smart move to save our energy for tomorrow's powder day. It was like I had been fucking a super model the last four days and today had a go at honey boo boos mom. So only skied 7 runs and had an early lunch at the four season..ate about a pound and a half of nachos and half of a $13 soft pretzel luckily about an hour later NMSki and JFDan helped me finish the rest of the massive tray of nachos. PARidge got after it the most skiing the Hobacks which he said was dogshit but the boys said the bivouac woods weren't bad.  

Days like this happen sometimes..I don't mind quitting mad early on one bad day out of 7..it is what it is..sometimes you just have to make it to ski another day.  I'm planning on taking a long nap and we're going to the Gunbarrel steakhouse tonight.     Today was JFDan and NMSkis last ski day.  Both were a blast to ski and hangout with and they are welcome to join me on any future skiing trips..MBike Mike, Nastar Glenn and PARidge are also a lot of fun to ski with and we all know Atomic Jeff is a skiing rockstar and great host for in room party rocking.  I'm hoping for several inches of new snow tomorrow night and another pow day tomorrow!!!

IMG_2465.GIF

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Days like this happen sometimes..I don't mind quitting mad early on one bad day out of 7..it is what it is..sometimes you just have to make it to ski another day.

I know what you mean. That's exactly how I feel at Camelback after quitting early once it turns to loose frozen granular after being a perfect carpet of groomed frozen granular during the first few runs on FirstTrax.

Fun day. Visibility was the biggest detractor more than anything. First run for a few of us was off the tram and into Rondezvous Bowl which wasn't close to as good as yesterday but decent. Wind blown crust is probably the best way to describe it. Met up with the rest of the crew on Sublette where we skied a bunch of runs with good snow but couldn't see a thing. Doug and Jeff's JH navigation abilities were greatly appreciated today. After we split up, a few of us skied off casper and back across to thunder for a run on Laramie bowl which was crowded but fun, then up Sublette and off to the Bivouac area as Doug mentioned. Bivouac was nice. Probably the best snow on the hill and talked to a few people in there who were saying the same. Doug, being the Jackson hole expert that he is, gave us that little tidbit. NMSki and Dan met up with the others in one of the fancy Teton Village restaurants and I went up Sublette to ski Bivouac again but rode the lift with a local from whitetail in PA who was here for two weeks. I told him Bivouac was good but was considering the Hobacks and he offered to ski it with me so off we went. I lost him somewhere along the way but I wasn't upset about it as it was sooooo damn nice to be lost in the woods, in the Tetons with no one around. Upper part of the hobacks was decent but the middle to lower was manky AF.

After skiing, walked around town a bit with MBike and Nastar Glen for souvenirs. now praying we get snow for tomorrow. JADIP

fff10ad7428e66952396b4726ce15816.jpge30341109e692aa894149922cb1754e2.jpg

• Like 4