Jackson Hole stoke thread...2015-16!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Day 6 of 7

January 31, 2017

Hey All,

This is a first for me..writing a trip report from the ER waiting room.  We arrived at the parking lot around 805am and it was dump dump dumping on the mountain with a good bit of wind and lowering temperatures.  First civilian gondola up and we were pleasantly surprised by a few inches of medium density snow on top of the groomed on Amphitheater.  Up thunder and Grand was even better so nice at this point it was a quarter powder day but by Ten sleep bowl to cirque it was a half powder day with some solid boot deep snow..was bordering on blower pow pow.  

Up thunder again and a repeat of the Grand..which was even better..then we did back to back laps in bivouac woods which was playful and not a bad turn to be had.  Back to thunder and we hit up the thunder woods where PARidge hit a tree.  I was ahead of the group and waited at the thunder chair for like ten minutes and Atomic Jeff text me and said to meet them and while riding the thunder chair I saw about ten ski patrollers and two sleds coming to PARidge who was at the base of a tree near the bottom of the thunder chair.  

I honestly though PARidge was dead due to the panic and everything and didn't want to see that so I skied the pow skiers left of Grand two laps and then went back to ten sleep bowl to the cirque for another sweet run. By now the powder was really light as the temperature was dropping. At the bottom of the cirque I text Atomic Jeff and he said that they were all at the patrol clinic so I skied down there.  Then we all had lunch at the mangy moose and now are in the ER waiting room. Nastar Glenn is with Dominic has his glasses and shoes.  He's getting MRI and stuff done.  I will say the cafe here at St. John's Jackson hospital has chicken quesadillas for only about $7 which is a bargain in this town. 

Still snowing in the mountains..me and Atomic jeffs last ski day tomorrow should be really good I wish I had my shiros with me today and will be on them tomorrow. For those keeping score at home we had a half pow day, two full pow days, a chowder day, a crap snow day and another half pow day today.  JADIP

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Glenn went in to see him.  Apparently he doesn’t have any pain (may also be the drugs).  Some stitches, but so far no bad news.

Super nice of Nastar Glenn to sit with PARidge at the hospital. He's a compassionate man..I'm ready for some jack and cokes. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Thanks everyone. I'm OK. I'll post again in a bit. Major thank you to everyone everyone for the well wishes as well as the awesome crew here.

Happy you lived to tell the tale....and you got to do some awesome skiing(at least it didn't happen on day one...I know that story)...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Thanks everyone. I'm OK. I'll post again in a bit. Major thank you to everyone everyone for the well wishes as well as the awesome crew here.

Best post in this thread. Past present and future. Glad you are ok Dom. 

• Like 5