Jackson Hole stoke thread...2015-16!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Mods on demand, nice. Have a good flight. Don't eat too many mini pretzels like GSSucks did on his flight to Europe.

On United they don't have mini pretzels they have these and Atomic Jeff told me they have a good cheeseburger on a pretzel bun on this flight available for purchase. 

IMG_2507.JPG

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No first class this flight but economy plus isn't bad and middle seat is empty. 

Nice. The worst part is during boarding and waiting to see if you have to sit next to someone. Then the next worst part is seeing if that person is going to talk to you the whole flight. That's why I started bringing headphones. If the seat next to me is empty I am just as stoked as when I ski powder.

Just now, saltyant said:

Nice. The worst part is during boarding and waiting to see if you have to sit next to someone. Then the next worst part is seeing if that person is going to talk to you the whole flight. That's why I started bringing headphones. If the seat next to me is empty I am just as stoked as when I ski powder.

I like when I have somebody to talk to on the plane. On the way here that's the way it was.  Was a driggs Idaho local who was originally from the poconos. I don't own headphones..

You know what pisses me off..they still have the January issue of the United airlines magazine Hemisheres in the seatback pocket.  I was really looking forward to reading the February issue on this flight. 

3 hours ago, Shadows said:

Couldnt yo have saved like 300$ though

Nah because I booked 28 nights from January 20th-February 17th.  The super elite savings are for 28 night stays. So I actually wouldn't have saved much and I don't really care about $300 me and jeffs dinner last night was almost that much. 

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Fuck no I'm not giving him my number. 

Ok good I only have 304 texts left until April and it costs 1 text to both send and receive. If our posts cause the site to run out of bandwidth then I'll start my own forum and just you and me can post on it.

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Ok good I only have 304 texts left until April and it costs 1 text to both send and receive. If our posts cause the site to run out of bandwidth then I'll start my own forum and just you and me can post on it.

Awesome, 300 texts wouldn't last me a week. I'm popular. 

15 minutes ago, eaf said:

How? I can understand Jeff's situation, because he flies a lot. But how did you personally pull it off?

Atomic Jeff bought a ticket for himself and me so we each get two free checked bags including an oversized ski bag...I'm considered his companion no homo so I get all the same perks like lounge access, seat upgrades, priority boarding and a special bag tag.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Atomic Jeff bought a ticket for himself and me so we each get two free checked bags including an oversized ski bag...I'm considered his companion no homo so I get all the same perks like lounge access, seat upgrades, priority boarding and a special bag tag.  

Yeah, that's just how this stuff works. Just for having their credit card I get one free bag on American, and so do four people as long as their itenerary is linked to mine. Don't even have to buy my ticket using the credit card, just for having it linked in my profile.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wouldn't have been possible had to have rental car back by noon and how were we to know our flight was delayed so much plus would have cost $136 for lift tickets..no more 40% off.  

How come you've rented? Jeff was saying that one of the beauties of JH is that you can move around without a car?

Edited by eaf

9 minutes ago, eaf said:

How come you've rented? Jeff was saying that one of the beauties of JH is that you can move around without a car?

I think he meant in town, so no worries about apres, but I know from reading reports in the past that there is also a bus the goes to the mountain from town. With these guys though, you know they are going to want a car to make sure they can be there for first gondi every morning and not have to rely on a bus 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, eaf said:

Because we didn't want to take the bus to the mountain each day. We've always rented before and took a cab from the airport to town on arrival and departure day for about $40'and taken the bus the 12 miles from hotel to the mountain each day either free hotel bus or $3 town bus. The beauty of driving to the hill is not having to boot up until the mountain which means less time in ski boots and not sitting in a warm bus often packed in fully dressed...plus we had as many as 7 people which made the Suburban rental worthwhile. In the future if it's just me and Jeff we'd rent a smaller SUV. 

35 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I think he meant in town, so no worries about apres, but I know from reading reports in the past that there is also a bus the goes to the mountain from town. With these guys though, you know they are going to want a car to make sure they can be there for first gondi every morning and not have to rely on a bus 

The town buses start running at 5somehing AM so no worries about first gondy. We left the hotel at 740am everyday except the third pow day which was on a weekend when we left at 720am mainly because Glenn and mike needed to get passes and we knew there'd be a line for passes. On all but that day we were first gondolanandnthat day we were in the first ten. In the old days the 8am hotel bus was good enough for first gondola. On the 22" pow day two years ago we took a 650am bus in total darkness which was good enough for only second Tram and the best 4,100 top to bottom pow run of our lives. 

No worries about drunk driving either as JFDan doesn't get drunk 😵 and only one day did Atomic Jeff drink too much to hand over the keys to Dan. Me I drink long islands and jack and cokes in addition to beers some days so I didn't drive. I'm a much better skier than driver as it is lol