Jackson Hole stoke thread...2015-16!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

6 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

doug, any good word on jackson forceast for the next 2 weeks?  i was looking at this weeks forecast and it looks like a few new inches each day.  however, you seem to be in the know more than most.  they just cleared the 300 inch mark

Snow all this week...high pressure next week which means for your arrival should be snow again.  If you have any pow days please please please ditch your dad and get in line for first gondola. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, indiggio said:

How early does the line typically start forming on a 13" powder day?

Tram 645-7...gondola 730-8am.  The gondola opened at 915am today and the Tram at 935am..that's pretty fast avalanche mitigation work by the JH ski patrol.  On the 22" day me and atomic jeff had two seasons ago we took the 655am bus and were on the second Tram when it opened after 10am but had the best run of our lives 4100 vert of top to bottom powder right to the base..

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Tram 645-7...gondola 730-8am.  The gondola opened at 915am today and the Tram at 935am..that's pretty fast avalanche mitigation work by the JH ski patrol.  On the 22" day me and atomic jeff had two seasons ago we took the 655am bus and were on the second Tram when it opened after 10am but had the best run of our lives 4100 vert of top to bottom powder right to the base..

Is the 655am bus the first one of the day or are there earlier ones?

2 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Is the 655am bus the first one of the day or are there earlier ones?

620am is the first one..that's the bus our pal Dennis takes but he has a season locker so spends time reading the paper, doing yoga, waxing skis, having coffee etc before he gets in line around 820am on non pow days. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

6 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:
1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:
620am is the first one..that's the bus our pal Dennis takes but he has a season locker so spends time reading the paper, doing yoga, waxing skis, having coffee etc before he gets in line around 820am on non pow days. 

It was a pleasure meeting Dennis that day. A true inspiration.

Back when they used to have a locker room at the top of the Bridger gondola Dennis would pay $1500 for a locker which netted him an 830am gondola everyday along with the wallets.  He'd have to wait until 9am to start skiing but would have a 12 minute head start ahead of the masses which is just huge...I think he said he had something like 650 early gondolas.  

Good thing you guys did not have to wait for your free breakfast!!!!

If there was a 5AM bus Indiggio would be on it and complaining why he had to wait so long
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Good thing you guys did not have to wait for your free breakfast!!!!

If there was a 5AM bus Indiggio would be on it and complaining why he had to wait so long

Well Indiggio would probably wake up around 230am in Jackson hole.  Shit I didn't sleep much later than that being on east coast time. The bagel place is about 300 yards from the 49er or about a 3 minute walk.  It opens at 630am...I would never leave to go there before 6:27am..often I'd be 50 yards away lights out in Pearl street bagels..30 yards away lights on and 10 yards away door being unlocked.  Often there were two or three idling subarus or pickup trucks waiting for bagel place to open.  A few times they were sold out of the bacon egg and cheddar on everything bagel by 6:31am. They usually only had four of them in the heated display and dude in front of me would grab two and then I'd grab two..insane in the membrane. 

Free breakfast at the 49er starts around 645am..

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

Good: Getting five us in the Kardashian mobile by 720am on day 3..pow pow day when Nastar glenn was so excited he was shaking. 

Bad: ticket office not open yet and lady gave MBike Mike a hard time because his blue pass didn't have a date on it. 

Ugly: All the snow stuck to Nastar Glenn's boot and the smell of shit at the top of the Marmot chair...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Well Indiggio would probably wake up around 230am in Jackson hole.  Shit I didn't sleep much later than that being on east coast time. The bagel place is about 300 yards from the 49er or about a 3 minute walk.  It opens at 630am...

Sleep?  Who needs that?  I'll sleep when I'm dead.

I hate that food places in ski towns don't open up till late. WTF is with these people?  Get the fuck up, there's skiing to be done! 

One trip to Vail, on the first day I roamed around town at like 5am looking for an open place. 
Finally found a hole in the wall that used to be a bar that opened up at 6am.
Place was filled with all the groomer drivers.   I'd get the early intel from them on the best runs to hit each day.

• Like 1

Sleep?  Who needs that?  I'll sleep when I'm dead.
I hate that food places in ski towns don't open up till late. WTF is with these people?  Get the fuck up, there's skiing to be done! 
 One trip to Vail, on the first day I roamed around town at like 5am looking for an open place. 
Finally found a hole in the wall that used to be a bar that opened up at 6am.
Place was filled with all the groomer drivers.   I'd get the early intel from them on the best runs to hit each day.

Now this is the Indiggio I’m talking about!
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Now this is the Indiggio I’m talking about!

Yeah the Indiggio that looks at his Avocet watch 6 times during the five minutes before the lifts open moving his legs back and forth the entire time...I wish he wore his fanny flap more often because that would mean more pow days!!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah the Indiggio that looks at his Avocet watch 6 times during the five minutes before the lifts open moving his legs back and forth the entire time...I wish he wore his fanny flap more often because that would mean more pow days!!!

I'm already fidgeting and not with a spinner.