Jackson Hole stoke thread...2015-16!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

My trip to jackson was the biggest airplane nightmare of my flying career. Making us check in multiple times, switching airlines, going through security multiple times, losing our luggage including my board and boots. US Air was awful, good thing they dont exist anymore

Never check your boots.

• Like 1

Definitely the Cheapest and most convenient for me....

JH central res. Does make it cost effective to ski jh though all things considered especially on longer trips. (Rental vehicle not needed being the largest savings) compared to other areas.

No hate on JH from me... I love the place.

US is pretty much the way to go out of philly as of late. I've been flying them the past few years and with their credit card, not having to pay baggage fees consistently has brought them about $100 cheaper than southwest round trip.

Just for pure curiosity sake....

March 1st one way phl-slc $178 on Southwest. Just regular rate..no points, etc.

What is it on US? And what are you using to get that rate....

Tuesday Pick the cheapest....just trying to get a comparison

Tuesday is usually the cheapest day for southwest. It's hard to beat southwestern pricing if you have to pay baggage on other airlines. Even with the extra $12.50 each way early bird fee.

Cheapest I found for March 1-8 Philly to SLC was $434 on delta direct flight.

US is pretty much the way to go out of philly as of late. I've been flying them the past few years and with their credit card, not having to pay baggage fees consistently has brought them about $100 cheaper than southwest round trip.

This.  A few years ago, US (always a bit of a low cost carrier compared to AA/UA/DL) decided to compete against Southwest in cities they were colocated in.  US started undercutting Southwest so on paper (before figuring in baggage fees), US was cheaper by $30 or so.  Get a low yearly fee US credit card, and you'd easily break even with the free checked bags.

What is it on US? And what are you using to get that rate....

You can't compare Southwests's one way fare against a r/t on another carrier because of their pricing structure.  Compare two round trips and you'll find that most legacy carrier flights are competitive with Southwest.

• Like 1

What is it on US? And what are you using to get that rate...

Dont post one way pricing!!! I just got really excited and would have absolutely pulled the trigger on another flight if that price was round trip. 

Probably late season. I already went west this year.

Lets chat, I have some credit and miles for SW <3 

Edited by GSSucks
  • Like 1