Jackson Hole stoke thread...2015-16!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

For anybody thinking about going to Jackson hole for the first time or returning the mountain resort is offering 50% off lift tickets between January 11-31 when you present a valid season pass from any ski resort. It's an attempt to boost attendance during a historically slow time. Lodging at the 49er I secured for $76 plus tax per room per night which is an incredible deal. I tried to book direct with the 49er but they couldn't even match that so they'll have to give up some commish to central res. Airfare is $550+ but only a taxi from airport to 49er and a handful of $3'bus fares on the town bus if the free bus isn't convenient.

4 weeks from now I'll be setting like 5 different alarms. I might even adopt a rooster as a backup wake up call. I'm not gonna miss my flight like in 2014...shit when I woke up that frantic day atomic Jeff was already halfway to Chicago. If you have to wake up early and you wake up and it's already bright outside you're gonna have a bad day herp de derp....but I made it...only 10 hours later.

• Like 1

4 weeks from now I'll be setting like 5 different alarms. I might even adopt a rooster as a backup wake up call. I'm not gonna miss my flight like in 2014...shit when I woke up that frantic day atomic Jeff was already halfway to Chicago. If you have to wake up early and you wake up and it's already bright outside you're gonna have a bad day herp de derp....but I made it...only 10 hours later.

lol...still a top highlight of all the trips we've done to JH.

Unfortunately January isn't the best month for me. Ideal week is the first in February.

It always seems to dump first week in February at JH..

is that the same night you pissed on the carpet?

Yeah I drank a pitcher of pacos, beer on the bus and more than a pint of Jack Daniels. Went back to room to shower before Supper and from then till 4am was lights out. Apparently I ate sour cream which i don't like..ate fajitas had strawberry margarita and asked for an easy shot..flirted with fat Mexican waitress, fell in street and peed under sink...at least I didn't get busted for open container like 3 years prior outside the town square tavern.

It always seems to dump first week in February at JH..

Yeah I drank a pitcher of pacos, beer on the bus and more than a pint of Jack Daniels. Went back to room to shower before Supper and from then till 4am was lights out. Apparently I ate sour cream which i don't like..ate fajitas had strawberry margarita and asked for an easy shot..flirted with fat Mexican waitress, fell in street and peed under sink...at least I didn't get busted for open container like 3 years prior outside the town square tavern.

well hopefully it dumps out there while you guys are there. so far they have been getting it pretty good.

I will make it out west at some point this winter... the JF guys have an open invite and said I can join in on their trip, I have a buddy who is living out near Targhee and TheRealKT and I might plan something. Not worried about it at this point. If I don't have anything planned by the end of February then I'll be worried. Until then, I'll shred the gnar and grind the spine at Blue.

Here's a fun fact. The state of Wyoming only has two sets of escalators. You would think there'd be escalators at the Jackson hole airport but alas the airport is only one level. South Dakata wyomings neighbor to the east has 6 sets of escalators in the entire state.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3616861

Logistics....I have kids and custody agreements /southwest doesn't fly there. <see cost for me who has already purchased tickets on sw and has points >

Jhmr lift tix cost are higher <for this year see custody arrangements and schedule >

oh, those logistics.  in terms of travel logistics, Jackson is easy :)

What would be the minimum number of days needed to ski a decent portion of the mountain?  Would 3 be too few? 

I really need to get to JH, but January is a brutal time for me to take off work, and I go to Taos in February.  March is too late for Jackson due to the aspect and elevation, correct? 

Next couple of years I'm going to make it happen, but a full week is impossible unless I switch jobs.

What would be the minimum number of days needed to ski a decent portion of the mountain?  Would 3 be too few? 

I really need to get to JH, but January is a brutal time for me to take off work, and I go to Taos in February.  March is too late for Jackson due to the aspect and elevation, correct? 

Next couple of years I'm going to make it happen, but a full week is impossible unless I switch jobs.

March isn't necasariliy to late..3 days is enough to ski most of the terrain. NMSki you are welcome to come to JH anytime I'm there and I'll show you around.

not everyone is as fortunate as you are.  some people have responsibilities in life.

I have to sell enough tombstones to support three families plus myself...heading into work for an hour or two soon to sell one this afternoon. Then gotta get my skis to atomic Jeff to tune..then practice for karaoke tonight!!!!

25 more days until my 13th trip to JHMR. Atomic Jeffs 9th trip there. We wouldn't keep returning if the terrain and experience wasn't so freaking good.

Granted some of us on PASR get an inordinate amount of vacation days, but that's a pretty crazy if you can't take a week off from work.  Is it not permitted?

4 days is the minimum for any ski trip, JH or otherwise.  Mostly, for better chances of snow.  You can ski JH boundary to boundary between 9am and 2am skiing a lot of main routes.  Besides the cliffs, every acre of JH is skiable.  My 9th trip there and I don't think I've ever skied Middle Hoback?  Who knows...place is huge.