Jackson Hole stoke thread...2015-16!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

oh, those logistics. in terms of travel logistics, Jackson is easy :)

Yeah.....also no car needed either which is a cost savings.

I'm on a 5 on 2 off 2 on 5 off schedule with the kids... I have every Mon, Tues and every other Fri, Sat, Sun.

The only option for me with JH would be the Jan 13-17 to fit into the pass holder deal. This doesn't work for me for a few other reasons as well.

I'm fat as fuck and pretty much haven't done shit for myself as far as physical fitness is concerned. Combine this with the fact that our season here has sucked which means in my case a ski trip will be much better really late in the season when I at least have some sort of ski legs built up.

I'm scheduled to fly out to Utah the first week of February and I know that I'm nowhere near being ready. I've been on ski trips many times and my weight and physical fitness is always an issue.... When I'm in shape and my weight is down...I ski good. When it's not.... I struggle hard.

My own fault and I own it. Even though I can't explain it logically...because I know that I have the choice to determine my own outcome.... I can't seem to control it.

Everything that I love to do is affected by it....skiing, biking, etc... and I sabotage myself constantly.... I simply can't win the battle, although I'll never quit.

I want to get back to JH and I will get back to JH, but I don't want to get back to JH in my current condition....

Quite honestly...this year, I'm not even in good enough condition for the damn Poconos....it's been a rough one and I pretty much suck at life....

Obviously everyone is different but in my case no amount of training helps with skiing the bigger mountains. Just have to ski them. With the proper mix of protein, beer, Advil, and hot tubbing by day 3 I've skied all the soreness out of me and I'm good to go.

This is going to sound nuts.... back in like 2006 I think.... We were walking around the town of Jackson and I wanted some ibuprofen or something.... I came across this trial pack of something called ski legs or some bullshit... I read the ingredients and decided fuck it why not..... (I'm pretty much anti medicine unless I'm in dire need so this was seriously against my norm).

Anyway, it's probably a completely mental thing as there wasn't much in it except for lactic acid or something.... But I swear it was one of the quickest leg recovery things ever for me. Never saw them again either....but I'd definitely try it if I did.....

I usually just dose myself with a shit ton of water, (actually start drinking lots of water about two weeks prior to going out). and take two of my daily multivitamin instead of one when skiing bigger mountains.....

March isn't necasariliy to late..3 days is enough to ski most of the terrain. NMSki you are welcome to come to JH anytime I'm there and I'll show you around.

Thanks man, same offer goes to you for Taos.

Granted some of us on PASR get an inordinate amount of vacation days, but that's a pretty crazy if you can't take a week off from work. Is it not permitted?

4 days is the minimum for any ski trip, JH or otherwise. Mostly, for better chances of snow. You can ski JH boundary to boundary between 9am and 2am skiing a lot of main routes. Besides the cliffs, every acre of JH is skiable. My 9th trip there and I don't think I've ever skied Middle Hoback? Who knows...place is huge.

I have plenty of vacation, but the winter is unfortunately a busy time at work so it's tough to take multiple full weeks off. I agree on the 4 day rule.

Atomic Jeffs 9th trip there. We wouldn't keep returning if the terrain and experience wasn't so freaking good.

After this trip, I'll have 61 days in at JH.  Better than some 2 year locals ;)  I love the place.  As lame as it sounds, that first run of the trip off the gondy to thunder down Amphitheater with the bright sun and titty sparkles ripping huge turns down to the lift puts the biggest fucking smile on my face and think how i'd love to start every day of my life like that.

After this trip, I'll have 61 days in at JH. Better than some 2 year locals ;) I love the place. As lame as it sounds, that first run of the trip off the gondy to thunder down Amphitheater with the bright sun and titty sparkles ripping huge turns down to the lift puts the biggest fucking smile on my face and think how i'd love to start every day of my life like that.

i felt the same way about my first lap down vista this year [emoji849]
  • Like 4

Lactate ingestion is thought to enhance the blood's buffering capacity (against lactic acid build up). Bicarbonate does the same thing but you don't look as cool carrying around a box or Arm and Hammer

I know lactate is not the same thing, but how do milk stouts factor into this equation? They're made by fermenting lactose, so that counts, right?

• Like 1