Opening day 12/21 roll call...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Next to last run I was goofing off getting off the lift getting my skis out wide....got a little wider than I wanted with the combination of tired legs and soft snow.

I decided to just Pete Rose slide out of it comically instead of potentially pulling a muscle or something trying to get them back together.

I thought it was funny as hell myself.

Should have seen me when I did this at killi this past Sunday

post-3245-1450912424227_thumb.jpg

I've got to imagine that 87 to 7 will get you to Mt. Snow or Okemo a little quicker...

Interesting, I checked and Google has Mt. Snow being slightly closer (Okemo is farther).

Of course in general I would rather spend more time driving North than East, and the crowds tend to be lighter at Gore.

But this season is really resort specific judging which has the least crap conditions.

Suspect with the way things are looking, nowhere will be worth hitting on Xmas. Maybe hit something Sat or Sun depending on what things look like, when there will at least potentially be closer options.

Bought it into shop. Not on effective edge. Guy cut it out and I will epoxy before next trip. Shop did it for free so I bought (over priced) buff for Christmas present for son cause guy was cool and wanted me back on snow asap

what shop did you go to? Basin has always treated me well up at Killy.

Should have seen me when I did this at killi this past Sunday

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1450912423.814126.jpg

Last week I saw two different people snap skis in half near the binding. One was a blizzard and the other was a nordica. I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone snap a ski in half in my life let alone two in one week!

Last week I saw two different people snap skis in half near the binding. One was a blizzard and the other was a nordica. I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone snap a ski in half in my life let alone two in one week!

I've seen plenty of people snap skis before but most of them were park riders so they went through more abuse

pretty easy to do if they weren't mounted properly. If the holes weren't properly glued, or properly screwed down, it's pretty easy for moisture to seep into the core at that spot, thus weakening it right at the spot it sees a lot of stress. Just as likely could have been something totally different though. I snapped a pair of 4FRNTs carving down Main Street a few years ago, I guess just due to a shitty core. They snapped just behind the shovel, looked a lot like the surface new life or whatever with the weird angle rocker profile.

pretty easy to do if they weren't mounted properly. If the holes weren't properly glued, or properly screwed down, it's pretty easy for moisture to seep into the core at that spot, thus weakening it right at the spot it sees a lot of stress. Just as likely could have been something totally different though. I snapped a pair of 4FRNTs carving down Main Street a few years ago, I guess just due to a shitty core. They snapped just behind the shovel, looked a lot like the surface new life or whatever with the weird angle rocker profile.

you also snapped the same skis in 8" of powder skiing off the peak lift at Whistler...