Big news from Blue

RidgeRacer

Coming Soon to Blue Mountain Resort

Greetings from Blue Mountain Resort!

It is with great pleasure that I write to you today. As a valued patron at our resort and a season pass holder, we want you to know about a new development that Blue Mountain Resort is unveiling this weekend.

We have initiated development plans to build a luxurious 4-star condominium resort hotel adjacent to our Summit Lodge with incredible panoramic views!

The Vista Lodge Residence Club, VLRC, will offer studio, one, two and three bedroom condominiums that will be available for purchase or for rent. All condominiums will come fully-furnished and will have full kitchens. VLRC will provide a long list of amenities and services, including:

Ski-in/Ski-outMembers Club RoomFitness CenterIndoor/Outdoor Year-Round Heated PoolHot TubsOwner's Private Lockers/Storage RoomValet & Bell ServiceOwner Concierge24/7 Front DeskFull Property ManagementRental Management ProgramBlue Mountain Resort has experienced a tremendous influx of year-round destination visitors in recent years, and we are confident that demand for The Vista Club will be incredible given the lack of lodging within a 30 minute drive of our resort. Last year alone, we hosted over 100 weddings and our future bookings are excellent.

As an owner, you will have the option to use your ownership for family enjoyment, or rent it out when you are not in residence. Our in-house property and rental management will take care of everything, so ownership will truly be hassle-free.To request more information regarding this amazing new resort, we invite you to visit www.vistalodge.com and sign up to our mailing list.

Edited by RidgeRacer

Wow they are gonna have kitchens. Is there even a grocery store nearby?? I guess Millers market. Four star sounds pretty swanky. I wonder if this will be open before the new water park. Big things popping at Blue.

will the condo's accept section 8?

Doubt it.

Like 9 years ago there were posters announcing condos being developed at the base and nothing materialized. Are these new condos gonna be on the patch of land below the lodge where skiwee used to be???

Wow they are gonna have kitchens. Is there even a grocery store nearby?? I guess Millers market. Four star sounds pretty swanky. I wonder if this will be open before the new water park. Big things popping at Blue.

Doubt it.

P-town is right up the road and includes shopping, fine dining and many other convenient amenities.

Really wish this was replacing the base Lodge which is in needs to be demolished

I like the base lodge it's very much functional has nice bathrooms a decent cafeteria, vending machines and even a bar. They already sunk a ton of Johnny cash into the top lodge and slopeside grill I think the base lodge is fine. I think they even have one of those claw machines by the tickets. I still want to go into the tents.

I like the base lodge it's very much functional has nice bathrooms a decent cafeteria, vending machines and even a bar. They already sunk a ton of Johnny cash into the top lodge and slopeside grill I think the base lodge is fine. I think they even have one of those claw machines by the tickets. I still want to go into the tents.

While a claw machine would class it up slightly, The base Lodge looks awful. Maybe the Zoltar machine will be placed in the lobby of the new resort? I'd invest in it for sure if that happens. Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 1

Who wants to go in on one of these units with me?  Would be sweet to have a clean place to take a dump, a nap or a shower if necessary.  Not to mention the ability to keep a bunch of gear at the mountain.

At sun valley Idaho wealthy people buy little studio condos at the base and use them for a close parking spot and storage for their gear.

I assume if this was a normal hotel most of the rooms would sit vacant midweek but if it's set up as a timeshare then even if they are vacate most of the time midweek blue already got their money.

When they talked about 100 weddings at blue last summer, I imagine there were an awful lot of drunk drivers. That in itself is reason why this hotel/condo complex is a good idea.

While a claw machine would class it up slightly, The base Lodge looks awful. Maybe the Zoltar machine will be placed in the lobby of the new resort? I'd invest in it for sure if that happens.

I think it looks ok. Customers have the choice between using a fancy lodge with old bathrooms and no urinal dividers and steps to go up and down or a single level lodge with modern bathrooms, urinal dividers and no steps.

Maybe blue can use the money the hotel brings in to invest in snowmaking equipment that is not older than I am

A lot of their snowmaking gear is new. I don't expect the hotel to bring in much revenue for many years. Could be quite awhile until it's even built. Maybe they'll replace the vista and Burma chairs with another high speed quad also maybe build some new trails on their land to the east.