Big news from Blue

RidgeRacer

5 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-06-29/supreme-court-clears-penneast-pipeline-to-sue-for-land-rights

Still lots of regulatory burdens in NJ, but this is the ruling that Blue was waiting for to get the pipeline to build the power plant for the hotel and water park.

Only matter of time before they break ground...especially with the new management at the helm. 

5 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-06-29/supreme-court-clears-penneast-pipeline-to-sue-for-land-rights

Still lots of regulatory burdens in NJ, but this is the ruling that Blue was waiting for to get the pipeline to build the power plant for the hotel and water park.

Welcome back RideDE..first post in 5 months.  

8 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

I’m really hoping this doesn’t happen… 

I'm with you, but at this point with the new management company, i would think they would want to ease into a project like that, not hit the ground running with it right away.  And besides, who now foots the bill for the hotel?  I still think there may be some other hoops to jump through before they can start on it anyways.  Also, keep in mind, building materials are at an all time high right now.  not that they would be building right now, and prices are on the way down, but they have to take that into consideration.  Their cost wont be the same as it was in 2012, or whenever they started planning this.  They may need to skip the heated pool and concierge service.  

@mbike-skican probably put a real figure as to what % building costs are currently up.  

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How many can you think of and food trucks don’t count. 

Being liberal with what I would call a restaurant, up top they have Slopeside and the food counter at the outside bar, and the caf and Last Run Lounge upstairs so 4 up top. In the Valley they have the caf and the hot dog stand, plus the caf at the tubing hut. I would give them 3 down bottom. They probably count both the bar in the valley and the bar at the tubing hut, but I don’t think either sells much more than pretzels as far as food goes. If I’m wrong on those menus, 5 for the valley. So either 7 or 9.

I’m probably missing stuff

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

They probably consider each point of service and bar front a restaurant even though they are all supplied by the main kitchen. 

They could be counting the soda machine outside the bathrooms in the valley too. I visited that thing at least half dozen times this year once I realized I could pay with my phone

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Benm said:

They should have a taco stand in the sixer line so that I can eat tacos while I wait to embark. 

Killy way back had Juanitas burritos mid Station of skyeship, I heard many stories of people hopping out, getting a burrito and hopping back in.  I think at most it's maybe 30 seconds with the door open so doubtful but it was still dope af to get a taco and be back on the lift in like 5mins.

I agree tacos, hotdogs, coffee sell all that shit in line. 

• Like 2