Big news from Blue

RidgeRacer

3 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

anyone know what's up with Blue season passes? A sub of mine was trying to buy as a present for his kid and it comes up as being sold out??!

been that way for a while. i don't think they've been on sale since maybe april?

edit apr 27 at the earliest and i don't think they ever went back on sale between now and then.

Edited by Benm

so i've been looking every once and a while for people who do MTB at blue to post a video where one can see what is going on at the bottom of CS. usually it's POV and they keep riding and never look up. these guys posted a vid from a few days ago where they stop there and it's all clear. looks like add'l work was happening on paradise? not sure what that is all about. getting pumped. vid only relevant after 2m30s

Edited by Benm
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That is a lot of pipe work being done. Surprised about the work on Paradise. Maybe has something to do with where they are tying in the line at. I don't know much about any of this. Glad to see work being done and improvements being made. Looking forward to some upper lot warm-up before taking it to the base for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

That is a lot of pipe work being done. Surprised about the work on Paradise. Maybe has something to do with where they are tying in the line at. I don't know much about any of this. Glad to see work being done and improvements being made. Looking forward to some upper lot warm-up before taking it to the base for the rest of the season.

Unless they are double-lining it like Sidewinder is since it is so wide and the only green on that side of the hill? Could be a possibility as well. Again, I don't know might about any of this. 

4 things.  

1)  looks like some good improvements are taking place, i can now rest easy as to why our pass price increased.  

2) why the trench on Paradise is like just outside the middle of the trail, rather than being closer to the edge.  Unless they have another utility close to the edge they are trying to stay away from.  I am positive they have good documents as to where all the air/water/electrics are buried.  

3) those huge pieces of steel drainage pipe.  Kinda like they might be used to pour footers, but they are huuuuge to be using for any kind of snowmaking tower.  The size of them is what has been used for the lift towers.  

4) watch that video from the start and tell me its not reminiscent of a video taken over the winter on a trail near that one.  

2 hours ago, Benm said:

so i've been looking every once and a while for people who do MTB at blue to post a video where one can see what is going on at the bottom of CS. usually it's POV and they keep riding and never look up. these guys posted a vid from a few days ago where they stop there and it's all clear. looks like add'l work was happening on paradise? not sure what that is all about. getting pumped. vid only relevant after 2m30s

It’s funny those guys do knuckles with sound effects. 

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Just an FYI, senior 70+ season passes at Blue along with school group passes are also good at camelback.  I wouldn’t be surprised if our passes are good at camelback either this season or in the future and vice versa for camelback passholders.  

They will probably do some promotion where you can add a mountain to your pass for $XXX, I can't image they would let money sit on the table like that...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, toast21602 said:

They will probably do some promotion where you can add a mountain to your pass for $XXX, I can't image they would let money sit on the table like that...

Half price tix when you show your Blue pass or something.

In other news, anticipatory weather related closures double at Blue. 🤣

2 hours ago, enjoralas said:

Half price tix when you show your Blue pass or something.

In other news, anticipatory weather related closures double at Blue. 🤣

Due to the advance ticket sales I feel like there were less weather related closures this last season. I know @mute1080 skied in the rain a few times.  

22 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

NE skiology group had a report about a 6 pack replacing the 2 Main St chairs for 22-23 

Why not!  I mean, lets put twice as many people on those slopes!

Seriously though, i mean at some point they will need to start replacing some lifts there.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

NE skiology group had a report about a 6 pack replacing the 2 Main St chairs for 22-23 

I would assume that would be a fixed grip right? I don’t see there being enough space or even length to make it worth putting in a detachable there. 6 person lift would be very nice there however. 

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

I would assume that would be a fixed grip right? I don’t see there being enough space or even length to make it worth putting in a detachable there. 6 person lift would be very nice there however. 

I’m sure high speed detachable and plenty of space and length