Big news from Blue

RidgeRacer

6 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Can you see why i dont buy into any of the timelines they put with their improvements?

Is this because it took 5 years to complete Razor's Edge, 7 years to make NMDW top to bottom? 6 years for Coming Soon to open for natural snow? infinity years for the Vista Lodge Residency Club? Etc? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Is this because it took 5 years to complete Razor's Edge, 7 years to make NMDW top to bottom? 6 years for Coming Soon to open for natural snow? infinity years for the Vista Lodge Residency Club? Etc? 

Its something along those lines, yeah.  

50 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Is this new lift going in before or after the Del Boca Vista or what ever the super fancy Hotel/AirB@B/Apartment thing?

Will coming soon be open before the new lift? 

Can you see why i dont buy into any of the timelines they put with their improvements?

But this is the new Blue now..not the old blue where improvements took five times longer than expected or not at all. 

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

Oh wow. Last I heard the new pilot @saltyant was going to transport guests between sites.

Oh wao that would be grate. If I get to solo by winter I plan on flying over Blue Mountain the true mountain one morning and I'll take photos of you guys skiing from the aeroplane. Of course it'll be from 1,000 ft above the ground to comply with FAA regulations so you guys will look like tiny ants.

Edited by saltyant
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Oh wao that would be grate. If I get to solo by winter I plan on flying over Blue Mountain the true mountain one morning and I'll take photos of you guys skiing from the aeroplane. Of course it'll be from 1,000 ft above the ground to comply with FAA regulations so you guys will look like tiny ants.

Tiny ants are better than salty ants.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

But this is the new Blue now..not the old blue where improvements took five times longer than expected or not at all. 

Lol.  i have no reason to believe at this point, anything will change at Blue, just because KSL is going to manage it, and some company with deep pockets from the epicenter of skiing in Colorado bought the land.  

Love to see improvements, i will be the first person to throw an "atta boy" their way, but for now, no need for accolades.  

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Maybe they’ll pave the lower lot and draw in lines.  Seems to make sense...they’ll be able to fit more cars in the lower lot.  Maybe charge for parking as well, they’re leaving money on the table or at least charge for the close parking. 

1e8gfa.jpg.7c867d688a749e1c52823b356a807489.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Benm said:

that's what i was planning on writing.

besides, why bother spending more on new printed materials and confuse people with a new name.

Everyone has been calling it that since its construction and if they change it people will still call it that. Like people still call "Widow Maker" "Raceway". I wonder how long it took for people to stop calling it "Shicola Chute" before "Raceway" caught on?

• Like 1

Just now, toast21602 said:

Everyone has been calling it that since its construction and if they change it people will still call it that. Like people still call "Widow Maker" "Raceway". I wonder how long it took for people to stop calling it "Shicola Chute" before "Raceway" caught on?

Actually, Shicola Chute would be a nice name to bring back for a new trail...

• Like 4