Big news from Blue

RidgeRacer

8 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I havent been to the Flying Pig in a while, but the last time i was there, the food and beverage offerings were excellent.  

I had the pulled pork on recommendation of a MALVERN local and it was fantastic. The drinks looked great but as anyone who saw me earlier in the day can attest to I was trying to keep the boozing light considering my run in with Bud Light buckets the night before. 

PASR night at the Flying Pig? There certainly seem to be enough of us that frequently travel through MALVERN. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Schif said:

I had the pulled pork on recommendation of a MALVERN local and it was fantastic. The drinks looked great but as anyone who saw me earlier in the day can attest to I was trying to keep the boozing light considering my run in with Bud Light buckets the night before. 

PASR night at the Flying Pig? There certainly seem to be enough of us that frequently travel through MALVERN. 

Props for getting to the bike ride at 9 after party rocking the night before.  I’m gonna have to stop going out till 2am Saturday nights when the skison starts. 

3 hours ago, Schif said:

@GrilledSteezeSandwich This is our chance to have dinner with JFDan in Malvern. Too bad I had a bad experience at the Flying Pig and cant go back so you'll have to substitute for me.

Edited by saltyant

47 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Multiple people I know want to purchase Blue season passes online and they can’t. I’m talking about like people who park in our row and have had passes for years.  This sort of thing is why we need a Blue mountain rep on PASR

I'll sell them my pass for three fiddy.

55 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Multiple people I know want to purchase Blue season passes online and they can’t. I’m talking about like people who park in our row and have had passes for years.  This sort of thing is why we need a Blue mountain rep on PASR

weird that it's so limited and season pass slots magically opened for over 70 passes.

18 minutes ago, Benm said:

paging @RidgeRacer . Possible DG happening on kunkletown rd, 5m south of 534/209 intersection. Eldred TWP

https://www.tnonline.com/20210918/eldred-oks-one-of-two-dollar-general-plans

Are you fing kidding me? There's one right near country junction and another next to Cherry's on 209 right near 534.

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

A shame they don’t put in a Whole Foods but I guess the demographics aren’t there. 

I just learned about a Whole Foods in California that's projected to sell for $57M. It's in an area that has great traffic and 500k people with an average household income of $157k. 

Whoever buys it will only get about 3.5% return though. 

I'll assume the Poconos has a similar demographic situation so that DG should definitely be WF

3 minutes ago, Schif said:

I just learned about a Whole Foods in California that's projected to sell for $57M. It's in an area that has great traffic and 500k people with an average household income of $157k. 

Whoever buys it will only get about 3.5% return though. 

I'll assume the Poconos has a similar demographic situation so that DG should definitely be WF

The only WF in the Lehigh valley is in an area surrounded by low 6 figure average household incomes..same with all three wegmans..Dollar Generals are very close to each other in inner city Allentown.  There are 8 of them in Allentown Bethlehem and Whitehall.  

$57m a year for a single store is huge..Whole Foods isn’t necessarily stupid expensive.  They have a lot of their own brand items like tortilla chips and salsa and their deli is pretty elite.  

They wasted no time clearing out the trees for the new one on 534 and Old Stage. Already gone...now they can put up their Sardine can looking aluminum sided store that no one needs.

PS I could see a whole foods in Jim Thorpe. We ate at Myst last night (sushi place) and it was packed for a Monday night.

Edited by RidgeRacer

14 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

Per Blue’s online customer service, passes bought before the merger won’t be good at Camelback.

thanks for that.

this is what cbk just told me.

edit - answered no to any upcoming press release or announcement

cbk.png

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1
  • Boner City 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1