Big news from Blue

RidgeRacer

46 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Disagree...at least on Jackson Frost.

I would agree, to a point

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Camelback is still better than JF/BB

Disagree.  Everyone knows your statement is based solely on no high speed lifts.  I think the argument between which is better is determined by daily conditions/crowds.  A powder day (lets pretend Blue closes due to "weather, ok?) with a decent base off trail, hands down, JF.  Suck up the short runs, slow lifts, but the rewards are actually some pretty decent skiing, off trail.  Enjoy a beer in the lot afterwards.  Every asshole in the world will go to Toe that day too.  

• Like 6

This is a good read, i am forever trying to wrap my head around all of this, as is everybody else, like the commenter who says "im trying to figure out if this is a big deal, or a big nothing"  But there are some strong points in there about Alterra.  

KSL Resorts: a master class in making a useless website

3 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

a master class in making a useless website

lmao i'm still waiting for a press release about blue on there. last thing they have is about some guy managing a hawaiian location in feb or something.

that was a great article tho, thanks for sharing.

Edited by Benm

55 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Disagree.  Everyone knows your statement is based solely on no high speed lifts.  I think the argument between which is better is determined by daily conditions/crowds.  A powder day (lets pretend Blue closes due to "weather, ok?) with a decent base off trail, hands down, JF.  Suck up the short runs, slow lifts, but the rewards are actually some pretty decent skiing, off trail.  Enjoy a beer in the lot afterwards.  Every asshole in the world will go to Toe that day too.  

Longer runs at camelback as well...you just don’t get much skiing or speed in at JF and I did have some fun PASR days there. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Sure, but does JFBB have a camel mascot that you can high five?!?!?!?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

This is pretty rad...🛎🛎🛎🛎🛎

i was wondering why they had a job posting for something ag related.

https://www.glassdoor.com/job-listing/farm-hand-blue-mountain-resort-JV_IC1151956_KO0,9_KE10,30.htm?jl=4158058101&utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic

makes no sense that they'd release a bunch of 70+ passes if they were so firm about season pass limits. 

i still think they'll sell more, maybe they'll reach out to existing passholders for first dibs. 

applying for a job might be a good hedge... get hired and get a SP. if they do release more, just quit and buy a pass. 

Edited by Benm