Big news from Blue

RidgeRacer

21 minutes ago, Benm said:

It'll be 799. 

And no, I'd buy an epic or ikon or whatever gets me Jack frost. We are close enough. 

Why not just buy a Blue and Epic pass like I did?? Then you can go on radical trips to Hunter, Vermont and out west, while skiing Blue between trips to hang out with awesome PASRs and drink parking lot Yoohoos.

Edited by saltyant

Maybe one of the few... but actually, I would kind of like having Camelback connected to Blue's Pass.  Living in North Jersey, Camelback is about 15+ minutes closer and some days the motivation is little low to drive the 1.25 hours to Blue.    It is not like 15 minutes is a big deal, but it would be nice on occasion.  

In the end, I much prefer Blue.. but options are not nice.

• Like 3

It would actually work out splendid for those who have purchased passes, if they didnt sell anymore.  But i cant see any good logic to not selling any more passes.  Maybe they are just trying to draw a line financially with purchases made before the buyout/merger/namechange/landgrab/newmanagement/sameoldsameold and purchases made after what ever it is they are calling this whole deal.  
When they do come out, and i think they will, they will be very Elk-esk.  

Only thing I can think of is they want the single day ticket instead of the season pass. They spend more per day. So if they lower the pool of season passes, daily ticket sales will be higher and easier to manage. Same company that makes people pay to park(and not tailgate) so I don’t think they care about locals.

53 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

. Same company that makes people pay to park(and not tailgate) so I don’t think they care about locals.

I really don't think KSL cares too much about the little things like that. I get the feeling that they are much more into the business and not the operations 

3 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

799...f that. I'd buy an indy and be done with it. Shits gettin cray.

Ahhh well you bought your blue pass for $549 so no worries.  I like when my customers ask me if we have a payment plan...I’ve been an ass before and said just put it on your credit card, that’s your payment plan.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Ahhh well you bought your blue pass for $549 so no worries.  I like when my customers ask me if we have a payment plan...I’ve been an ass before and said just put it on your credit card, that’s your payment plan.  

I did and 549 is fair price in my opinion....even 600. Just hope the 799 however isnt a sign of things to come. I can see a $799 pass coming and they justify that by including CB. For us that's the equivalent of what Vail did to the Whitetail locals.. sure its a good deal in theory but meaningless if you're not using whatever the justification is for the price hike. There's comes a point where you question whether or not it's worth spending the money before you blindly swipe the credit card. $800 for a Blue pass is there. Again just hypotheticals and chatter right now because I spent the 549 and am excited to ski my beloved Blue. I just hope the new management keeps things reasonable for early bird and what not. Regarding the season pass cap. I didn't know there was one! Have a feeling this is gonna be an interesting year.

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Kyle said:

If you have $1-200 to just give away I’ll take it. 

it’s not going to kill you, right? 

That's a nonsensical statement.  What am I getting for money?  In the case of a Blue season pass, you're either getting a Blue season pass, or you're not.  It's not throwing money away, you're getting something of value. 

29 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

That's a nonsensical statement.  What am I getting for money?  In the case of a Blue season pass, you're either getting a Blue season pass, or you're not.  It's not throwing money away, you're getting something of value. 

For $200 I’ll clean the grease off of Doug’s divers side window so it doesn’t look like there’s random patches of fog on a clear sunny day in his lot pictures 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

There's comes a point where you question whether or not it's worth spending the money before you blindly swipe the credit card. $800 for a Blue pass is there. 

Right now a price increase would be largely mental for most PASRs. Kind of like going from $8.99 to $10 seems like a big jump in the mind. But there is a number, not sure what that is, but it definitely exists where it begins to get a lot less appealing to buy a season pass for Blue and to rather spend your skiing dollars elsewhere. This is especially true if you don't go during the week a lot or you have a longer drive. 

5 minutes ago, Schif said:

Right now a price increase would be largely mental for most PASRs. Kind of like going from $8.99 to $10 seems like a big jump in the mind. But there is a number, not sure what that is, but it definitely exists where it begins to get a lot less appealing to buy a season pass for Blue and to rather spend your skiing dollars elsewhere. This is especially true if you don't go during the week a lot or you have a longer drive. 

But skiing prices are going up everywhere and the trend probably isnt going to slow down any time soon. If people want to ski in the future they're gonna have to pay $$$$$$.

The Epic Pass was a good deal this year and I'm glad I jumped on it, but like practically everyone here its local options don't do it for me. 

Edited by saltyant

15 minutes ago, saltyant said:

But skiing prices are going up everywhere and the trend probably isnt going to slow down any time soon. If people want to ski in the future they're gonna have to pay $$$$$$.

The Epic Pass was a good deal this year and I'm glad I jumped on it, but like practically everyone here its local options don't do it for me. 

I don't necessarily disagree but IMO the trend is multi mountain passes at a decent price (600 to 800 range) as opposed to 600 to 800 for one resort. Skiing has never been cheap as we all know.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I don't necessarily disagree but IMO the trend is multi mountain passes at a decent price (600 to 800 range) as opposed to 600 to 800 for one resort. Skiing has never been cheap as we all know.

Correct. If Blue would go on Epic or Ikon I would be thrilled about having to only buy one pass each season.

40 minutes ago, saltyant said:

"But skiing prices are going up everywhere"

"The Epic Pass was a good deal this year" - (they chopped it 20%)

its just a money grab, at least for blue (though KSL probably had a lot to do with it). snowmaking on CS makes it seem like there's some value in the increase, so i'm not as bitter anymore - especially if it stays the same next year and we get some new lifts.

at the same time, i'm hoping season pass funds didn't go into whatever this warped sustainable farming venture is to benefit the yuppies dining at slopeside, but i doubt that's the case. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ski options - overpriced (?) Blue, Toe, Elk pass.  ~~$700

Indy pass ~~$300, and lets not forget lots of gas to haul your ass around every weekend to NY, VT, NH, Etc.  Maybe a few hotel stays, etc......  I mean, really, i think the only "day trip-able" place is Greek.  

In the grand scheme of things, 30 days at Blue is $18.30 a day with the $549 pass.  

30 days at Blue is $23.33 a day at $700.  

Granted, Indy (or whatever) gets you skiing some different places, but please dont tell me you are skiing all those places for $300.  your not.  

is this the pipeline that was going through, or at least really close to Blue?

https://www.wnep.com/article/news/local/penneast-cancels-plans-for-pipeline-project-between-pa-and-new-jersey/523-04f2c489-a169-4cae-bd65-9938b1209954?fbclid=IwAR1qO51cQaWChG7SV_hxnSnuNwkYh6fTbRZJOBkD3Bhldc9vUMohKIsG8Gk

i thought at one time the thought was, no pipeline, no hotel.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

is this the pipeline that was going through, or at least really close to Blue?

yah originally i thought it was coming from central/north jersey but on the news (was top story) it looked like it came up through SEPA. 

a month or so ago they were just putting hte project on hold indefinitely. seems like now it is off the table permanently. 

what was the original problem, they needed natural gas? do they have sewage in place? not sure if they're tied into that anywhere. 

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Ski options - overpriced (?) Blue, Toe, Elk pass.  ~~$700

Indy pass ~~$300, and lets not forget lots of gas to haul your ass around every weekend to NY, VT, NH, Etc.  Maybe a few hotel stays, etc......  I mean, really, i think the only "day trip-able" place is Greek.  

In the grand scheme of things, 30 days at Blue is $18.30 a day with the $549 pass.  

30 days at Blue is $23.33 a day at $700.  

Granted, Indy (or whatever) gets you skiing some different places, but please dont tell me you are skiing all those places for $300.  your not.  

JFDan always the voice of reason. 

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Shawnee and Montage are on it for day trips as well. I'll get at least 10 days on it.

That said, it's not the same as a Blue pass. Blue pass is for weekdays or weekend mornings. Indy is mostly for trips to New England. The local places are just an extra for me.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Benm said:

what was the original problem, they needed natural gas? do they have sewage in place? not sure if they're tied into that anywhere. 

You know there are always people with "insider info", but at one point, and i completely forget from where i heard it, but it was said no pipeline, no hotel.  Maybe there was something about having their own nat gas power plant too.....but maybe i was drinking too much.  but if you think about it, i mean heating a huge hotel/apartment/condo thing with anything other than natural gas has to be expensive.  They already use more electric than all of Palmerton.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, trackbiker said:

Shawnee and Montage are on it for day trips as well. I'll get at least 10 days on it.

That said, it's not the same as a Blue pass. Blue pass is for weekdays or weekend mornings. Indy is mostly for trips to New England. The local places are just an extra for me.

Did you have a blue season pass last season?