Big news from Blue

RidgeRacer

24 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Well, its on FB, so it has to be true.   

Honestly, i dont really care either way.  I have a pass.  might not work when i need it to, but i have one.  

I also think the days of passes under $600 for Blue are behind us.  

I honestly don’t care what they charge for a SP.  

25 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I honestly don’t care what they charge for a SP.  

i do to some extent, but its not something i obsess over.  kind of like gas.  need gas to make car go.  Nothing really i can do to make the price of gas different, so i dont worry about it.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I just checked out FB comments. What a mess. 

i don't think anyone there knows what's going on. first the thing went haywire and kept giving errors, then they announced it was sold out around noon, then sometime between 1230 and 1, they went back on sale and are still available.

Edited by Benm
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Benm said:

i don't think anyone there knows what's going on. first the thing went haywire and kept giving errors, then they announced it was sold out around noon, then sometime between 1230 and 1, they went back on sale and are still available.

Well good that they’re still available because one of the people who hadn’t purchased pass yet I just messaged to see if he got his and he’s been busy with work and is going to buy in 20 minutes.  I said if there’s any issues just say you were trying at 10. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

FB post says "sold out"

i guess they were true to their word they would be limited.  

Did they actually limit the number of passes sold this year ? 

I find it hard to believe they care how many people are out on the trail and it seems like a Debeers artificial demand thing.

It will be interesting to see what happens the next lean year where demand isn't so high.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

Did they actually limit the number of passes sold this year ? 

I find it hard to believe they care how many people are out on the trail and it seems like a Debeers artificial demand thing.

Dunno if they actually limited passes.  

lets remember this is kind of typical BM fuckery.  so it looks like with the KSL injection, or BMMR whatever, nothing has really changed, except the price of a pass.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know details about the Child Pass at Blue (for kids 5 and under)?
It says $25 on the site but I'm trying to figure out if that includes tubing. 
The livechat person doesn't seem ... very alive. 

Free season pass for kids under 6 and season passes include tubing.

I think they have to be under 6 before January 15th? @enjorales might know the exact date from dealing with them recently.

We thought we would be tubing all the time with our little one but the only time we went she took 2 runs and said nope. It was a little bumpy that night but we’ll try again this season.

Edit* At least from my experience. Not sure with the sale if it has changed

On 10/26/2021 at 4:40 PM, mute1080 said:

I think they have to be under 6 before January 15th? @enjorales might know the exact date from dealing with them recently.

We thought we would be tubing all the time with our little one but the only time we went she took 2 runs and said nope. It was a little bumpy that night but we’ll try again this season.

interesting. 

I finally got through to someone at Blue and they said the $25 kid pass isn't full access and doesn't include tubing.

my niece and nephew are visiting in december and I'm such they'll have a similar attention span. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skiincy said:

interesting. 

I finally got through to someone at Blue and they said the $25 kid pass isn't full access and doesn't include tubing.

my niece and nephew are visiting in december and I'm such they'll have a similar attention span. 

Any idea on day tickets for under 6? They're not listed at all on the site, and i swear they used to specify that a regular day ticket was for ages 6-69 or whatever, so i assume that means free, but ya gotta go to the ticket window to get a ticket and verify they're actually under 6. I don't see the 6-69 designation anymore, nor do i see a 70+ lift ticket now either. So a 5 and under season pass is $25... which means that $25 is really just a convenience fee to not have to go to the window every time? Am i following along correctly here?

16 hours ago, Justo8484 said:

Any idea on day tickets for under 6? They're not listed at all on the site, and i swear they used to specify that a regular day ticket was for ages 6-69 or whatever, so i assume that means free, but ya gotta go to the ticket window to get a ticket and verify they're actually under 6. I don't see the 6-69 designation anymore, nor do i see a 70+ lift ticket now either. So a 5 and under season pass is $25... which means that $25 is really just a convenience fee to not have to go to the window every time? Am i following along correctly here?

Still lists ages 6 to 69...I may look into this or the under 5 season pass too.  Would be nice to bring my daughter out to try to get started ok the snow.

On an unrelated note, you can also get a free "pre-k" season pass to dorney park, got one for my daughter a few weeks ago 

Screenshot_20211029-091430_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 4:05 PM, skiincy said:

Does anyone know details about the Child Pass at Blue (for kids 5 and under)?

It says $25 on the site but I'm trying to figure out if that includes tubing. 

The livechat person doesn't seem ... very alive. 

Last year when it was free I asked at the tubing window if the free pass for my 5 year old and the $179 pass for my 7 year old included tubing, and was told that all season passes did. I want to say that at least one of their passes then didn’t open the RF gate but there was no attendant at the gate and I just had him go around it.

On 10/26/2021 at 4:40 PM, mute1080 said:

I don’t think they know their own rules. They told me that they couldn’t turn 6 before Jan 15th, but I told them that the website said otherwise and they checked with someone and sold it to me.

22 hours ago, skiincy said:

interesting. 

Yeah, I’m not sure if it’s supposed to. I never found any language about it on the site last year, so I asked. After the window attendant told me it did, I didn’t feel bad having him bypass the gate once on the snow. I was willing to pay for a ticket for him. I wasn’t willing to walk back around to the automated kiosk after waiting in line because the employee was wrong.

19 hours ago, Justo8484 said:

That would be interesting to know about.  In the past the language was clear about the free ticket for the day or free season pass. Interested to hear what their response to a day ticket inquiry is

• Like 2