In it for the Long Haul

Rex Goliath

Closed today.

Upper and lower Fast Track closed. 

Don't mention it to montage online that the long haul is closed despite mountain report saying it's open.

They will legit block you.

WOW! taking lessons from Elk on screwing with people.  It states in Elk's season pass contract that if you talk bad things they can revoke your pass.

• Like 1

Closed today.

Upper and lower Fast Track closed.

So tell us something we already know......

Why are you infatuated with this? It would just be a waste of money to run the Long Haul on a weekday without upper Fast Track open or even if it was open. The only time it makes sense to run it is on a weekend with the whole mountain open.

Have you ever even skied there?

I'll save you some time.....

2/5/16: Closed today.

I am growing up and live in NEPA and I was season Passholder at the original Montage for 10 years. Skied both weekend days and at least one night a week.   I spent my time lapping the North Face and cruising Fast Track and RunAway.  White Lightning had not been cut yet.

As the urban sprawl grew up around the mountain it began to feel less and less like a skier's mountain and more like a shit show.  That, together with the ever increasing influx of unsupervised 15 year old boys pushed me away.

What would happen is that mom would drop the boys off in the morning and pick them up at 4:30.  They would roam the mountain and menace anyone and everyone for the fun of it. 

I always marvel at folks from the from Philly and NYC when they tell me how excited they are to have a ski vacation at Montage.  Its not what i have in mind when i think if going skiing to get a way from it all.

IMHO!  Sorry KC, but i suspect you share some of these sentiments. 

So tell us something we already know......
Why are you infatuated with this? It would just be a waste of money to run the Long Haul on a weekday without upper Fast Track open or even if it was open. The only time it makes sense to run it is on a weekend with the whole mountain open.
Have you ever even skied there?

I'll save you some time.....
2/5/16: Closed today.

Not sure why the infatuation; in fact had forgotten about it til you guys kept bringing it up.  Agree that there are times when its not financially worthwhile, but then again when the rest of the mountain is open, why not try to get this up and running.