1-22-16

JFskiDan

Morning session.  Cold.  Blowing snow like crazy.  Razors was ok, mostly just really firm cord with a few cookies mixed in for good texture.  Challange looked a little more rugged. Paradise was nice, but definitely a slow skiing trail at the top where there was a little fresh man made.  Lazy was great, switchback ok, but really happy to have that trail open.  Main street was a surprise as it was primarily nice soft snow with just a few little icy patches mixed in.  Burma rd was nice, but again a little slow.  

lots of groomers running around. Top of nightmare, the guns were shut off, lower part still had guns on as well as dreamweaver.  NM/DW to me looks good to go, hopefully thats open tomorrow, since any grooming "issues" they have there should get covered up with some of mother natures white goodness.  

I think conditions will hold up good today, if anybody is skiing tonight.  

1 obligatory photo, like i said, it was brutally cold, too cold to be taking the gloves off.  

post-1753-0-74343200-1453488122_thumb.jpg 

• Like 6

I'm wondering what they're gonna call the new trail.

Looking up from Paradise, it's got a bit of steep goodness to it, unless they grade the shit out of it.

it's cuz they typically seed moguls skiers right, them bumps is rithky bidness

And usually the other side is all scraped off...

I like the moguls on nightmare save for the hole that sometimes develops at the bottom on the right.

Unfortunately they don't get enough traffic to ski them in and the run is too short, but they are a nice diversion from Barney's.

The other problem is that they're on the wrong side and don't get any sun to soften them up.

• Like 1