1-23 powder day!

RidgeRacer

Nice day. The soft bumps on switchback and Dreamweaver were a great level of challenge for the kids - probably the toughest stuff they have skied to date. Paradise was a real nice surface. Lazy Mile started getting a little bumpy by the time we left. Skiable trees off Tuts and Lazy.

Lines were insane at valley lifts so mostly did the other side.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

There was none. Everything was groomed except the chop that was left on dream weaver and switchback.

if you went to the sides, the trees and some of the chop  you could find a few stashes of fresh especially around 8am , but most of the rest were groomed out overnight or run down, hell I even found a small stash on burma first thing this morning

Buddy of mine ejected like you on switchback but thankfully was ok. Bad people-eater shit. When I asked ski patrol to put up sticks there their reply was " we would have to put up sticks all over the mountain" WTF? So do it

Patrolling at every mountain is different. Every mountain has different policies and every person in the patrol hierarchy (PD, APD, Supervisors, and foreman) all have different ideas on what should be marked. I can't tell you the amount of times I marked something just to come down one run later and it already be removed.

At Sugarbush, we are very conservative with our marking. As a general rule (there are always exceptions), we don't mark stuff on natural terrain, things off the skiable surface, or things the public can see from above. We obviously can't mark something if we can't see it.

One of the greatest patrol credos is consistency. That's likely what he meant when he said you would have to mark them all over the mountain. We like to mark everything exactly the same. Everything we do is to prevent injury and prevent lawsuits. If we prevent your injury, we prevent your lawsuit. However, if they mark one hazard, and then someone else hits another of the same hazard which is unmarked, then they have a much more arguable case in court.

I didn't see the obstacle, so I personally couldn't have told you if I would have marked it or not. I am just trying to give you a little insight into how patrollers think.

Regardless, I am glad you were not seriously injured RR. Sounds like a 6-8 week heal time injury. You should be out there by mid March I would imagine. Hope you feel better.

• Like 1