1-23 powder day!

RidgeRacer

wow, glad you're ok

At least it explains wtf those people were doing going the wrong way...lol

I dropped Karen off at her friends house a bit ago and a Middletown plow truck was on fire on my way back on Duttons Mill Rd.... It's a crazy day for sure.

Looks like Allentown getting blasted.... 32" +

Think we're around 20" here, had a bunch of long lulls today throughout but it's definitely dumping again...has been for an hour or so.. I'm thinking that the roads would've just gotten worse for me had I kept going. I'll get up early for tomorrow....no freshies but good snow to ski on.

I did hear that someone wasn't so lucky today....really freaking bummed out about that.

all i know is I left @ 2pm  was above knee deep in most spots and went through some chest high drifts.  awesome day, but roads just plain sucked.  didnt even look like plow was running down NE extension at all.  could barley find the on ramp/off ramp for the rest stop.

Saw a ton of tiny cars snowed in at blue, and there was no way they were getting out

• Like 1

Today was amazing. Top day in PA for sure. Knee deep easily in spots. Some places deeper

Unfortunately it didn't end to well for me. Last run on home stretch, whiteout conditions, didn't see an ice boulder as it was tough to determine the where the trail edge was in home stretch. My skis hit it. I ejected and landed on my shoulder fracturing my humorous bone. Ski patrol carted me down and I ended up at Palmerton hospital. My season may be over by I will do everything I can to keep that from happening.

While today was epic and shitty all at the same time, the best part of today was knowing that I could rely on amazing friend who stood by my side from the ski patrol snack, followed the ambulance and sat in the er with me for 3 or 4 hours, then took me home. Jfdan wouldn't want me to post this probably but I am because it's worth mentioning and you all know him. He's been with me through some of the the roughest times in my life... including today and each time (including today) I couldn't have gotten through shit without him. Dan I say this in the most not weird way that I can... I love you my man. Thanks!

Having had some serious injuries myself, it's never fun, especially when they end a season.  Heal up, get stronger, and see you as soon as possible man.  Shit happens, and you come back stronger.

• Like 3

Today was amazing. Top day in PA for sure. Knee deep easily in spots. Some places deeper

Unfortunately it didn't end to well for me. Last run on home stretch, whiteout conditions, didn't see an ice boulder as it was tough to determine the where the trail edge was in home stretch. My skis hit it. I ejected and landed on my shoulder fracturing my humorous bone. Ski patrol carted me down and I ended up at Palmerton hospital. My season may be over by I will do everything I can to keep that from happening.

While today was epic and shitty all at the same time, the best part of today was knowing that I could rely on amazing friend who stood by my side from the ski patrol snack, followed the ambulance and sat in the er with me for 3 or 4 hours, then took me home. Jfdan wouldn't want me to post this probably but I am because it's worth mentioning and you all know him. He's been with me through some of the the roughest times in my life... including today and each time (including today) I couldn't have gotten through shit without him. Dan I say this in the most not weird way that I can... I love you my man. Thanks!

Oh shit thAt was you! Saw you getting evacked on sled from quad. They put up sticks there after. Best wishes

How was off trail stuff??? I bet honey bee bowl, under the Main Street chair and the marquee route were really nice!!

Only toward the end of day were people venturing off piste. Because of lack of cover and high winds the stuff you mention were no-go. Parts under quad were good. But by 3, peeps were coming out of the woods. I skied the woods off of paradise late in day and was hearing load sounds under my skies occasionally . I went to do tow rope but top 30 feet barren from winds

It took my injury to prompt them to put the sticks up

Buddy of mine ejected like you on switchback but thankfully was ok. Bad people-eater shit. When I asked ski patrol to put up sticks there their reply was " we would have to put up sticks all over the mountain" WTF? So do it

ok, so today was pretty fucking good up until about 1:30, and then you know the rest.  The day started off somewhat questionable as when i pulled into the lot neither the quad or 6 was running.  supposedly main street chair got going.....i was really not liking the drive up to the summit, since i was pretty sure the slide back down wasnt going to be pretty.  Waited it out a little as RR was still on his way to the mountain.  the Quad got going....supposedly the wind overnight blew the chairs out of alignment and it basically needed to run a little to "fix" itself.  Later on in the day, the 6 got going, loaded a few chairs, then they started turning people away.  ran all day with no one on it.  Tomorrow will suck if they still cant load it.   

Trails right off the quad imo stayed pretty nice all day.  Ventured off trail a little towards the afternoon.  Fun, but not great for the bases im sure.  

We took 248 to 209, and jumped on the turnpike back up to Albrightsville.  roads were very passable.  i got a sweet take home dinner from Dom's wife so its all good.  

Toast always like pics, so here they are.  

Dumpage.

post-1753-0-09215900-1453597869_thumb.jpg

a litte bit of playing in the woods.  

post-1753-0-48941200-1453597925_thumb.jpg

More woods

post-1753-0-45669600-1453597966_thumb.jpg

I would be ok if i never got back here again.  Still dumping though.

post-1753-0-70298600-1453598031_thumb.jpg

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Like 5