Montage 1/31

Mess

Arrived at Montage at 8:20 Got on lift by 8:45.  Lodge was empty and pretty much had mountain to ourselves until 10:30.  Snow was nice on our first few runs.  Worked our way across mountain starting with green terrain and took a few runs down the trail where they do Nastar.  After warming up the legs we went down Upper to Lower runway. Lower runaways snow was not very good.  A bunch of icy spots and overall not well groomed. 

We went in for our break and the lodge was packed with Asian and Jewish ski clubs.  I have never seen Montage Lodge that crowded.  There were no open seats and the ski clubs tried to take over the place.  I found the people to be pretty rude.  

I had a first time experience at Montage when we went to the lift we had to wait in line for about 2 minutes.  Spent most of the rest of the day lapping cannonball and on the Phoebe lift.  Couldn't take any runs on Boomer, Smoke or Lighting since my son is not ready for those headwalls.  

Longhaul was not running and the trails on the left side of the mountain were not open.  Seems like they made some good money today.

• Like 1