peak pass

Looks like they eliminated all senior and family discounts. Pretty expensive for someone not visiting other Peak mountains, especially after season pass holders took a drubbing this year. Looks like we will be following everyone else over to Blue next year.

Wonder if they are trying to move their customer base to other mountains and plan to close Frost and Boulder eventually. Can't have been too profitable this year and no reason to expect future years to be much better.

Seems like a short sighted business plan if so. Surely the mountains are worth more as resorts than selling off the lifts and equipment. Maybe I could see selling them as a whole, but why drive away your customer base making a sale less attractive?

Unless the real estate is worth more as land than as a ski area. I can't really see that though, just judging off the Split Rock timeshare resort near there, it's pretty low budget. Doesn't seem like developers are beating down the doors.

I think it's great. $599 to have an excuse to hit all those places. Plus 6 and under for $60 is nice.

I was leaning toward getting JFBB(after frustrations with Montage and the price of ElK), but after spending a few days at Elk and Blue this year I was talking myself out of the JFBB pass due to realizing my legs do not get much of a work out on 500+ ft vert hill... But supplementing JFBB with a few day trips to Hunter for 'free' definitely piques my interest.  Hunter is a very doable day trip from Scranton.  If I get ambitious I could make a jaunt to NH/VT too.

• Like 1

I think it's great. $599 to have an excuse to hit all those places. Plus 6 and under for $60 is nice.

But not everybody is interested in hitting any of those other places. Like if Blue included Killington in their pass I wouldn't pay extra for it since I haven't been to killington in 5 years and don't really ski in Vermont anymore.

That's a big increase for C1 and his wife. Now blues early bird is cheaper than JF/BB. Wasn't JF/BB offering $299 season passes a few years ago. I think that's why phillycore became a passholders there

Pass Purchased; I guess I will be at JFBB on Saturday and Sunday this weekend.  I even decided to try out their payment plan.  Pay 99 dollars down and then four automated payment dates during the summer.  Why drop 600 all at once? .. Especially when there are zero differences in the benefits(namely I can still use the pass the rest of this year).

• Like 1

Pass Purchased; I guess I will be at JFBB on Saturday and Sunday this weekend.  I even decided to try out their payment plan.  Pay 99 dollars down and then four automated payment dates during the summer.  Why drop 600 all at once? .. Especially when there are zero differences in the benefits(namely I can still use the pass the rest of this year).

I'd rather just pay for a pass all at once. Then I don't have to think about it but different slopes for different folks. I also prefer to pay mor for a pass in November than less now but one of th we years I'll be spending the winter in Jackson hole so need to keep my options open.

I'd rather just pay for a pass all at once. Then I don't have to think about it but different slopes for different folks. I also prefer to pay mor for a pass in November than less now but one of th we years I'll be spending the winter in Jackson hole so need to keep my options open.

I normally would agree with you on all accounts.  I don't normally buy this early, but it made sense since I never got a pass this year at all.  The payment plan also worked out because I wanted to get out this weekend, so the the money spent is going towards next year's pass.  Plus, I did not really want to spend the whole amount, since I'm heading to DC next week for the ACC basketball Tournament..... win...win...win

I normally would agree with you on all accounts.  I don't normally buy this early, but it made sense since I never got a pass this year at all.  The payment plan also worked out because I wanted to get out this weekend, so the the money spent is going towards next year's pass.  Plus, I did not really want to spend the whole amount, since I'm heading to DC next week for the ACC basketball Tournament..... win...win...win

Darn it's march madness already. I have to be sure to stay out of the bar during the games. It's annoying how people become college basketball fans for one month. Anyway have fun and enjoy.

If you are an area where you could day trip to both Hunter and jfbb than its a great deal honestly.

Definitely.  

So, the peak pass is what they have to offer as a JF/BB pass?  like if you have zero interest in going any further north, cant leave carbon county due to some crime you have committed, or take the timmy bus to JF, you have to buy this pass?

So, the peak pass is what they have to offer as a JF/BB pass?  like if you have zero interest in going any further north, cant leave carbon county due to some crime you have committed, or take the timmy bus to JF, you have to buy this pass?

It seems that way, unless they add more options later on. We like to ski for a couple hours in the morning or afternoon. If we travel we aren't going to a Peak Resort. We went to Mt Snow a couple of years ago - it was nice but not worth going back to. Was going to join the midweek old geezer club, wonder how the retirees will handle the pass situation.