3/6....still winter.

Do you boot up inside when it's warm out? Do you get w locker? The craziest is the people who boot up inside then walk back to their car to put bootbag and sneakers in their car then reverse the process when finished. Has me shaking my Herman.

Yeah, I do. Then just leave my old hiking boots and ski bag in a cubby or sometimes just along the wall in the back. I don't take my stuff back out to the car. I like having water and snacks available, so they just stay in my bag. I don't leave anything really valuable in there.

Last night was sweet, edges were not necessary, like 4 people there,  snow was face melting fast and pretty smooth.

Got passed on falls like i was standing still was like damn....then saw it was a girl was like double damn.....Blue told groomers open normal until this weekend, next week is fri, sat, sun at best.

Last night was sweet, edges were not necessary, like 4 people there,  snow was face melting fast and pretty smooth.

Got passed on falls like i was standing still was like damn....then saw it was a girl was like double damn.....Blue told groomers open normal until this weekend, next week is fri, sat, sun at best.

So no St Patrick's day????

Who did you get the info from??

Last night was sweet, edges were not necessary, like 4 people there, snow was face melting fast and pretty smooth.

Started off very sticky and was faster by 6:30ish. True that edges not necessary but did get some good carving runs in. Bumps on main pretty good. Challenge had some thin spots in the troughs. Nightmare bumps were my fave. Gonna go ahead and give NMDW ROTD status. Fun spring night.

d52f6f2c77f4ac089a05f722dfce39fd.jpg

Edited by thedude4bides
  • Like 3

So no St Patrick's day????

Who did you get the info from??

Lady who skis there all the time and runs a couple of the LV ski clubs, she knows the one groomer guy.....I can never remember her name....I'm so bad with names....

Started off very sticky and was faster by 6:30ish. True that edges not necessary but did get some good carving runs in. Bumps on main pretty good. Challenge had some thin spots in the troughs. Nightmare bumps were my fave. Gonna go ahead and give NMDW ROTD status. Fun spring night.

How did I not see you ? I got there around 7 and there was nobody home.

Lady who skis there all the time and runs a couple of the LV ski clubs, she knows the one groomer guy.....I can never remember her name....I'm so bad with names....

How did I not see you ? I got there around 7 and there was nobody home.

Was wearing a black Martin Guitar hoodie and riding with snowboarders all night. I knew you'd be there so I was keeping my eye out but we were all over the place. Think it's the first night sesh where I literally skied every open trail at least once. Burma with these guys was a boarderX trail haha... Poor Asian dudes had no idea what was coming. Edited by thedude4bides

No one here. Getting really soft, so time to go. Prolly Switchback in best shape. Bottom lodge bar actually open. Guess they have to make $ somehow! I always feel like it's really easy to get hurt in soft snow.

In soft snow use the widest skis possible and go as fast as possible. Speed is your friend..if you go slow in soft snow it will just eat you up. Probably peacing out of work around 2pm. Will likely just ski razors the whole time maybe challenge. I can't mess with low angle runs if the snow is slow.

In soft snow use the widest skis possible and go as fast as possible. Speed is your friend..if you go slow in soft snow it will just eat you up. Probably peacing out of work around 2pm. Will likely just ski razors the whole time maybe challenge. I can't mess with low angle runs if the snow is slow.

Really nothing to do with speed at all unless you are on a flat. It's all balance, stance, quiet/stable upper body, and ability to turn both feet.

Really nothing to do with speed at all unless you are on a flat. It's all balance, stance, quiet/stable upper body, and ability to turn both feet.

When you are going through piles of snow speed is your friend. It's like driving up a hill in snow. All about momentum. Have fun making your little doodle slow deliberate turns in deep slush with your fancy pole plants.

When you are going through piles of snow speed is your friend. It's like driving up a hill in snow. All about momentum. Have fun making your little doodle slow deliberate turns in deep slush with your fancy pole plants.

Well, Doug, you're wrong. That simple. Have fun masking your inability to ski by going fast.
  • Like 2

Lovers quarrel nice

The whole things is stupid, no one, no matter how tits mcgee they think PSIA or putting 11's down an AK face is can define how or what skiing should be.

PSIA is one route to a certain type of skiing nothing more nothing less. Do they make very nice turns sure but out of their element they tend to flail because they are very rigid in terms of technique. Do we hide tech issues with speed sure but that's not the point, speed is fun, skiing is fun, the point is personal fun whatever that means to the person doing the skiing.

• Like 1

Lovers quarrel nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDswiT87oo8

The whole things is stupid, no one, no matter how tits mcgee they think PSIA or putting 11's down an AK face is can define how or what skiing should be.

PSIA is one route to a certain type of skiing nothing more nothing less. Do they make very nice turns sure but out of their element they tend to flail because they are very rigid in terms of technique. Do we hide tech issues with speed sure but that's not the point, speed is fun, skiing is fun, the point is personal fun whatever that means to the person doing the skiing.

PSIA is not about rigid technique at all and PSIA is most definitely not one "certain type of skiing". That's pure misinformation. The culmination of it all at its highest levels is being able to teach skiing to any ability on any terrain in any conditions. The upper echelons of PSIA fucking rip, man. They shred and have the biggest balls you can imagine. I figured you'd be one of the few that understands that.

And, furthermore, the only thing stupid here is Doug's stupid advise.

Lovers quarrel nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDswiT87oo8

BINGO!!!

PSIA = I'm right....do it my way.

I remember teaching this girl one time who couldn't get into a wedge whatsoever.

She had no problems with balance, or keeping her ankle joints flexed.

I pulled her aside from the group and demonstrated a parallel turn and asked her to try it. First time she did it perfect. I had her do it again but making a right instead of a left turn. Once again no problem whatsoever. I wanted to send her over to linking turns but another instructor told me that she needed to be able to maintain a wedge.

Wtf? I thought the point of a beginner (first time on skis) was to get them familiar with the equipment, and give them the basics to get them down the hill safely on their own using proper techniques.

Imo if she's able to skip wedge christy and go directly to proper parallel turns.... Fuck the crawl before you walk bullshit and run with what's working for her.

PSIA....says that's wrong.