CB only Fri to Sun rest of season

Ski2Live Live2Ski

if they pull it off, this puts CB in the top 20 PA resorts. Just remember, they claimed an early season Monday opening and then bitched out for a huge fail.

They also closed earlier than they said they were going to two years running, so this weekend will probably be it for them no matter what they say. Maybe if they blow snow thru Tuesday . . .

Why did you call them out? They actually have a budget to watch unlike blue. Blowing snow by blue was unecassary and didn't help the coverage 100% PR move.

Because before that front moved out they were going to have 4 nights to do it, and the last 2 were low 20s with 30% humidity or less. They could have made enough to ensure this coming weekend, maybe even the one after.

Now as it turns out the forecast changed and yeah, that's not possible. But they made it sound like it was a dumb idea, using hindsight to negate what was a valid point at the time.

EDIT: My original comment was Friday afternoon, they responded a couple hours ago

Edited by enjoralas

I first experienced the alpine slide in the summer of 89 with the JCC camp and i liked it so much that I decided that's what I wanted to do for my birthday. Random extreme type skiers over the years have talked about skiing the alpine slide track at camelback which is impressive. Not because it's steep but due to all the concrete plus camelback has rangers in yellow jackets in addition to ski patrollers. In 1996 me and my buddy Nate poached a closed trail and had to watch a safety video and they didn't even give us popcorn.

So I wonder what trails CB will have to offer us on Friday and if there will be some kind of late skison discount. Hoping to bring my girls there for the first time.

How old are your kids??? I know kids under a certain age are free I believe. I'm thinking tickets this weekend will be in the $30-$40 range.

Too old for the kids deal at CB. I do have a coupon for 2 kids skiing for 50% off price of full ticket with purchase of adult full price ticket. But that may not be the best deal if they discount rates. Also need to see what they have open. If it is only the Cliffhanger glacier they have been building I will skip as kids are still shying away from double black terrain, even PA double blacks.

They are only opening to keep the hotel guests from cancelling.

Wow, what a dirty move! They announce they are closed with literally only an hour's time for Saturday check-in guests to cancel without increased penalty, and after Thursday or Friday check-in guests can do so. Not cool.