JF done for season. BB still going.

• 2 weeks later...

Big Boulder park is a decent run when there's no features on it...

Shoot, they say they're still building new features.

If the morning report still shows the 3 trails I think I'm gonna run up there. Worth a $25 ticket to give them a go. I enjoyed my last day at Blue, but my last run was less than satisfactory. Wouldn't mind replacing its memory with a new last run of the season, lol

I think I will end my season with my last day at Blue. Had a great time, even with the less than stellar conditions. Was a little bummed Camelback closed, wanted to go today. Maybe next year I will go out west end of March. We are going to Arizona end of April, going to be doing a lot of hiking, I'm really excited. 

• Like 1

I think I will end my season with my last day at Blue. Had a great time, even with the less than stellar conditions. Was a little bummed Camelback closed, wanted to go today. Maybe next year I will go out west end of March. We are going to Arizona end of April, going to be doing a lot of hiking, I'm really excited. 

Nice...Hope you enjoy AZ. Me and my wife hiked the superstitions a few years ago and it was one of the most surreal places I've been. Like going back in time 150 years or visiting the set of Back to the Future part 3 (not sure which is cooler). 

post-264-0-12541900-1459001594_thumb.jpg

Shoot, they say they're still building new features.

If the morning report still shows the 3 trails I think I'm gonna run up there. Worth a $25 ticket to give them a go. I enjoyed my last day at Blue, but my last run was less than satisfactory. Wouldn't mind replacing its memory with a new last run of the season, lol

Man, I thought Bear Creek was small. Great snow conditions, but I'm 7 runs in sand just cracked 2100 vert.

Beggars, choosers and all that, tho.

Nice...Hope you enjoy AZ. Me and my wife hiked the superstitions a few years ago and it was one of the most surreal places I've been. Like going back in time 150 years or visiting the set of Back to the Future part 3 (not sure which is cooler).

We did some hiking in Superstitions last year. Was great. If someone can tell me how to post pictures from IPhone I'll post some when we go.

• Like 1

Mad peeps to go with your sweet n low?

Lol, I think this means was it crowded, if so it started out not bad at all, by the time I left around 1245 it had picked up but still not bad considering only 4 real runs open. Nice corn snow was starting to get real soft and pushed around, but the low crowds kept it from getting bad. There was significant traffic in both the Big Boulder and Love parks, with skiers and riders alike actually making use of the features and big jumps.

I took 20 laps, pretty evenly split between Bunny's Elbow/Schuss and Draufganger, save one run each down the parks (skirting the features) that I took early on before the crowd actually using them rolled in. There was a decided lack of real inexperienced skiers out, there were only a handful or so of people that were struggling to even make turns, so it made for a real nice day.

Edited by enjoralas

Sounds well worth the $25 even if the vert was so short. Glad you got out and got it.

It was definitely worth it. Almost didn't go, but the short price tag pushed me in. Glad I went. Really enjoyed it and got some more experience on something semi-steep and doing it in progressively cruddier conditions.

Also, they are having a buy 1, get one for $1 sale in the shop. Ended up with a new jacket for myself and one for Pops (same damn one, we're gonna look even more like frickin' twins out there now) , and a couple balaclava as well.

They were also doing an Easter weekend promo where you choose an egg and open it for a prize, most people were getting keychain or magnet but I lucked out and got a hoodie. Only tiny sizes left though so I gave it to my niece.

post-6006-0-08153700-1459734160_thumb.jpg

weaver's needle

• Like 1

More reply option...choose file...attach

Ok, when I try to post a picture from my phone, this little circle just keeps going around and around next to the picture I'm trying to post. Not sure why. I'm connected to wifi. If I want to post a pic, have to send to my email, and post from computer at home. Does anyone know why?