Gardening

momskeeztoo

Had to cover the remaining plants twice this week. Got some frost damage on the tops where the plastic was touching the plants.

Headed out of town for most of this week so I picked everything that was ready yesterday. Got 50 bell peppers, probably 150 jalapeños, about 100 habaneros. Couple dozen each pablanos and sweet banana peppers.

Tons of green Roma tomatoes still out there, and some carrots and onions that will tolerate a frost. It looks like temps should stay okay all week, so I can check it again when I get back on Friday.

Enjorales where are you going. Crazy that you are still growing stuff in mid October. Is that normal?

No, usually I'm tapped out by now. Either too many frosts to bother with covering, or everything has just petered out. But I did get my plants in late this year.

I'm headed to Manchester, NH for a leadership training thing for work. Not really looking forward to it. But it's one of those things that looks great on the resume, and you look real bad if you turn it down.

Too bad it's too early to extend the trip a day and hit some new to me slopes.

• 9 months later...

Looks like pizza with lots of sauce beets and basil and some sort of cheese that's not melted. Toast also likes fruit on his pizza what a weirdo.

Fun fact, beers are a Root vegetable..what about Root??? Last I saw he had bbw's in the lower lot at Blue...no not big beautiful women..blackberry wheat

That bottom pic looks delicious. What's in it?

Contrary to fat ass Doug, it is not pizza sauce and it is melted goat cheese. It's puréed beet base for the sauce with slices of goat cheese, garlic infused olive oil and balsamic glaze drizzled on top, and fresh arugula from the garden to add some peppery taste to it. It was really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like pizza with lots of sauce beets and basil and some sort of cheese that's not melted. Toast also likes fruit on his pizza what a weirdo.

Wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P

Ever used goat cheese?? I don't think I've had it before. I like sharp cheddar and Jarlsburg the best.

i dont think i have ever had goat cheese.  i have recently been re-aquainted with something i havent had in years.  Pimento cheese.  Its really actually sort of a spread, but the gourmet gas station down the street from work has a meatloaf sandwich with pimento cheese that is delish.  

NMSKI - you need to get lunch from there one day.  i highly recommend the above sandwich, as well as anything else they have.  

• Like 1