Gardening

momskeeztoo

i dont think i have ever had goat cheese. i have recently been re-aquainted with something i havent had in years. Pimento cheese. Its really actually sort of a spread, but the gourmet gas station down the street from work has a meatloaf sandwich with pimento cheese that is delish.

NMSKI - you need to get lunch from there one day. i highly recommend the above sandwich, as well as anything else they have.

Is this the "3 crazy ladies" place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yup.

I hear good things.

Every time my coworkers go there I have an excuse to quote Clark Griswold. "I'm so hungry I could eat a sandwich from a gas station"

NMSki what did you have for lunch today? I got Arbys..

Nice. I worked at Arby's on Menaul near Coronado Mall in Albuquerque in 1996.

Let's see, I had some leftover taco meat, a salad, a key lime Greek yogurt and some almonds for lunch. Kind of a hodgepodge.

Nice I'm not a yogurt eater. I haven't bought Arby's for me and the office manager in at least three weeks and I was due. Had a turkey slider for the drive home and a regular roast beef combo with curly fries and Diet Pepsi. Yesterday had cup o noodles for lunch and the day before had Roy rogers from the Allentown service plaza..yeah I'm weird stopping at a rest stop ten minutes away but it's our only Roy rogers and I like their fried chicken.

Contrary to fat ass Doug, it is not pizza sauce and it is melted goat cheese. It's puréed beet base for the sauce with slices of goat cheese, garlic infused olive oil and balsamic glaze drizzled on top, and fresh arugula from the garden to add some peppery taste to it. It was really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk When you purée your beets, how do you cook them first?

Wrong.

i dont think i have ever had goat cheese.  i have recently been re-aquainted with something i havent had in years.  Pimento cheese.  Its really actually sort of a spread, but the gourmet gas station down the street from work has a meatloaf sandwich with pimento cheese that is delish.  

NMSKI - you need to get lunch from there one day.  i highly recommend the above sandwich, as well as anything else they have.  

I like pimento and olive loaf. Old school.

Nice I'm not a yogurt eater. I haven't bought Arby's for me and the office manager in at least three weeks and I was due. Had a turkey slider for the drive home and a regular roast beef combo with curly fries and Diet Pepsi. Yesterday had cup o noodles for lunch and the day before had Roy rogers from the Allentown service plaza..yeah I'm weird stopping at a rest stop ten minutes away but it's our only Roy rogers and I like their fried chicken.

kenny-rogers-chicken-seinfeld.gif?w=490&

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My garden is a mess. Most everything went in late, this week has been a PITA with all the rain, it got zero attention. Went out today to find my arbor destroyed and my grapevines on the ground. 

Picked the first dozen or so cherry tomatoes, and a half dozen or so of the biggest zukes I’ve ever seen. A few bell peppers ready for harvest but I left them out there for tomorrow. Lots of edamame but the pods feel very thin, hopefully they flesh out

Edited by enjoralas

On 7/28/2018 at 1:23 PM, toast21602 said:

Started to harvest beets. This is only about 1/4 of them. Letting the rest sit for a bit while we eat these this week. Potatoes should be ready to go soon as well. Looking like a good year for @RootDKJ vegetables. 

1D37E335-D226-4C9F-A68C-F43D6AE327A9.jpeg

These look awesome and I don't even like beets