Gardening

momskeeztoo

13 hours ago, NMSKI said:

Get ready for some red poop!

I’ve eaten so many fresh beets, I’ve had red pee! That being said, our garden kind of sucks this year. Between the weather, husband working a lot and working Saturdays except when we have hiking trips planned. Garden has been ignored. We also tried something with a cover crop this year that I’m not liking. We could have stayed home this weekend and worked on it. Opted for overnight on Old Loggers Path instead🙂

35C6F920-F066-4131-AB35-C8ACCA787F2B.jpeg

944D4888-0AD8-464F-BBD9-C299947EA572.jpeg

• Like 2

Got my tomatoes in later than usual but they seem to be doing well. Lots of tomatoes on the vines. Only planted tomatoes and peppers this year.

I bought a new John Deere 1025r tractor last summer and have been thinking about getting a rototiller for it. They are expensive but maybe next summer I'll pull the trigger.

7 minutes ago, skifreak said:

Got my tomatoes in later than usual but they seem to be doing well. Lots of tomatoes on the vines. Only planted tomatoes and peppers this year.

I bought a new John Deere 1025r tractor last summer and have been thinking about getting a rototiller for it. They are expensive but maybe next summer I'll pull the trigger.

Do you have your own house??  Are you gonna ski this winter?

13 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Do you have your own house??  Are you gonna ski this winter?

I own a condo in Ocean City, MD. Was living there from 2010-2012. Moved back up here to start the dealership and now just use it during the summer. I'm currently saving up to build a place so just pay some money to my mother for rent. Being single and self-employed, I gave up on applying for a mortgage. Lucky I got the mortgage for my condo but I put a lot down. I hardly owe anything on it and was thinking about just selling it to build up here, but it's nice to just go to whenever to the shore.

20 minutes ago, skifreak said:

I own a condo in Ocean City, MD. Was living there from 2010-2012. Moved back up here to start the dealership and now just use it during the summer. I'm currently saving up to build a place so just pay some money to my mother for rent. Being single and self-employed, I gave up on applying for a mortgage. Lucky I got the mortgage for my condo but I put a lot down. I hardly owe anything on it and was thinking about just selling it to build up here, but it's nice to just go to whenever to the shore.

Wow do you rent the condo out in OCMD?  What did you do for a living down there?

52 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow do you rent the condo out in OCMD?  What did you do for a living down there?

The association bylaws don't allow daily or weekly rentals. I'm fine with that because people would probably trash it anyway. Back then I was selling online misting systems in the summer and home snowmakers, which I still do. I also had a carpet and upholstery cleaning business down there. I had a good relationship with a property manager and always had work.

It's a nice place to live but in the off season not many people live there year round, but more people are now that baby boomers are retiring there. There aren't many younger people because it's not cheap to live there. Grocery shopping was always expensive so you'd drive to BJ's or something and just stock up. I usually just ate out or got takeout anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

When do you typically harvest these plants? Does it depend on variety?

Yes, it depends on the strain and conditions. Since these are growing el fresco, I need to check bud development and pull the trigger when they look ripe. I'm hoping to start clipping before the end of september. I'm racing against the clock temp wise. 

When growing indoors and under lights, it's a little more predictable if you are familiar with the strain.

Edited by moe ghoul
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...