Gardening

momskeeztoo

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

heavy rain last night filled it 90%. I'll probably get another one for the larger garden even though it won't be roof-fed. 

It doesn't take much rain to fill the barrel especially considering your shed roof is not that big.

How to you plan to fill the next one if it won't be roof fed?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/10/2019 at 8:12 PM, toast21602 said:

B74B6935-D2EB-42AA-939D-01EBC636DB05.jpeg

B60C16F0-A6DF-4E96-AE80-6781731537E7.jpeg

9DC378AF-7326-49FD-8C68-2938E258CC46.jpeg

You grow some pristine produce. I'm thinking you buy it at some organic farmers market and use it all as props to impress us. My 2 pot plants survived transplanting at the end of April despite near freezing temps into May. One is approaching 8' and the other one is about 6'. Since I wasn't around to maintain, it'll be below average yield. Parsely and rosemary survived. Basil died.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

My version of gardening from this past weekend.  I have a whole bunch of stones as an accent in one of my beds under my Japanese maple.  Over the years, mulch had washed down and hidden most of the stones.  Digging through mulch to put all the stones in a wheel barrow, clean out the mulch, and put them back, was quite the chore.  You can see before/after.

842B8723-FB36-41BD-B056-3E452FD48951_1_201_a.jpeg

6C26C50F-0FC2-4548-9F99-2206E9CBD91B_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

My version of gardening from this past weekend.  I have a whole bunch of stones as an accent in one of my beds under my Japanese maple.  Over the years, mulch had washed down and hidden most of the stones.  Digging through mulch to put all the stones in a wheel barrow, clean out the mulch, and put them back, was quite the chore.  You can see before/after.

842B8723-FB36-41BD-B056-3E452FD48951_1_201_a.jpeg

6C26C50F-0FC2-4548-9F99-2206E9CBD91B_1_201_a.jpeg

Don’t you know a Mexican that could do this perhaps NMSki lol

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, saltyant said:

Not a bad idea if food shortages become reality. Just be prepared to defend your bounty from veggie pirates.

I figured it would also help to relieve the number of people at the grocery stores and leave produce for people that need it...(if things go on that long).....Just signed up for grocery delivery service....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

I usually pay someone to do all the spring clean up, edging, mulching, etc.  But, I've got nothing but time now.

Yup. Plenty of time on my hands here too. Chester, montgo, delco, and some others are on 2 week stay at home. At this point i need to look into having mulch delivered to give me another project. Im running out of things to paint with what paint i have on hand.