Gardening

momskeeztoo

I may not mulch this year, it’s due but it’s like $500 just for the mulch any more And am cutting non-essential spending. I’m worried the nurseries won’t be open to get harden plants so started seeds tonight8cb1af637906c1ba3ebe333f504878be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much mulch do you need? I get a yard and a half for my landscape beds and it costs me $32 a yard, and that’s for dyed mulch. $500 seems ridiculously excessive...

4 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

How much mulch do you need? I get a yard and a half for my landscape beds and it costs me $32 a yard, and that’s for dyed mulch. $500 seems ridiculously excessive...

On the years we do mulch (every 2-3, depending), we get like 22 yards.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, indiggio said:

On the years we do mulch (every 2-3, depending), we get like 22 yards.

We used to do mulch but it seemed like such a waste of time and money so we started slowly replacing all mulch with landscaping stone. Just finished last year and it’s nice not having to shovel and spread anything this year. 

• Like 1

Finished up our house mulching today. Had to spray weeds earlier this week. Only took about two hours. We only put down a very light coat every year so that it rots/biodegrades away. We’ve hardly ever had issues with the bed being too high. I skipped one year and I had to use twice as much to get the same coverage. Maybe if the weather allows sometime this week, I’ll get my blueberry bushes weeded, fertilized, and mulched.

9 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

Finished up our house mulching today. Had to spray weeds earlier this week. Only took about two hours. We only put down a very light coat every year so that it rots/biodegrades away. We’ve hardly ever had issues with the bed being too high. I skipped one year and I had to use twice as much to get the same coverage. Maybe if the weather allows sometime this week, I’ll get my blueberry bushes weeded, fertilized, and mulched.

Sounds grate!!!  Do you only post in the middle of the night?

I may not mulch this year, it’s due but it’s like $500 just for the mulch any more And am cutting non-essential spending. I’m worried the nurseries won’t be open to get harden plants so started seeds tonight8cb1af637906c1ba3ebe333f504878be.jpg

1 week progress photof035abba8f9fb8a20294253d016f0a30.jpg

I usually hate posts like this - who gives a shit lol! but what hell

• Like 4
  • Haha 1