Gardening

momskeeztoo

• 4 weeks later...

The groundhog is still living his best life, despite me buying $50 worth of pet removal supplies at Home Depot.

I think there may be 2-3 in the area. Look at this fatty, chilling on his figurative front porch of his vacation home...

IMG_5576.JPG.a75a0ac5943761493753b7c632c4613f.JPG

Next up, I'm trying pouring ammonia. 

If that doesn't work, I may have to host a PASR groundhog shooting competition. With all of the fireworks, I'm sure the police wouldn't know any different. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skiincy said:

The groundhog is still living his best life, despite me buying $50 worth of pet removal supplies at Home Depot.

I think there may be 2-3 in the area. Look at this fatty, chilling on his figurative front porch of his vacation home...

IMG_5576.JPG.a75a0ac5943761493753b7c632c4613f.JPG

Next up, I'm trying pouring ammonia. 

If that doesn't work, I may have to host a PASR groundhog shooting competition. With all of the fireworks, I'm sure the police wouldn't know any different. 

Pet removal?  Maybe stop spending money at HD, and spend it at a sporting goods store?  I have one of these, and for the money, its just a blast to shoot.  its particularly good for "close in work".  

Harrington & Richardson Pardner Pump Synthetic Shotgun product image

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/harrington-richardson-pardner-pump-synthetic-shotgun-15remanfprdnrprtcspg/15remanfprdnrprtcspg

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Pet removal?  Maybe stop spending money at HD, and spend it at a sporting goods store?  I have one of these, and for the money, its just a blast to shoot.  its particularly good for "close in work".  

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/harrington-richardson-pardner-pump-synthetic-shotgun-15remanfprdnrprtcspg/15remanfprdnrprtcspg

oops. i meant pest, not pet.

I don't do guns. But, I do provide beer and grilling to anyone who wants to do "close work".

I'm going to reposition some security cameras in order to find out his routine. 

My neighbor said she watched him waddle down our very busy city street, walk up our front steps, and wiggle his body into the burrow.

7 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Harrington & Richardson Pardner Pump Synthetic Shotgun product image

May need a noise suppressor on that for urban work....

13 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Getting a little dry up here and could use some rain, but I was able to get this done this afternoon. 

CEF6D984-79AD-49DE-A9BA-14851C15266E.jpeg

How come you haven't tried to cut "PASR" into that luscious lawn yet? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

Either deer or rabbits got most of my impatiens🙁

Deer have totally fucked up my arborvitaes, at my house in Delco.  Fucked them up.  I new i had deer stopping by, i saw them on my cameras.  what i didnt see was exactly what they were doing to them.  I had a new neighbor move in next to me, i saw her talking to her landscape guy, they were sort of pointing at my house, when he saw me, he asked if we had a deer problem around here.  i told him i had seen deer frequently.  Thats when he really pointed out what they had done to my bushes.  No shit.....they look like this.  its horrible.  

image.jpeg.aa0cfd6e401738413bab73a0bf17543c.jpeg

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Deer have totally fucked up my arborvitaes, at my house in Delco.  Fucked them up.  I new i had deer stopping by, i saw them on my cameras.  what i didnt see was exactly what they were doing to them.  I had a new neighbor move in next to me, i saw her talking to her landscape guy, they were sort of pointing at my house, when he saw me, he asked if we had a deer problem around here.  i told him i had seen deer frequently.  Thats when he really pointed out what they had done to my bushes.  No shit.....they look like this.  its horrible.  

Oh yeah, arborvitae are like a Chinese buffet to deer.

For some reason this year they've taken to eating all the wife's tiger lily buds that they usually never touch.
She's so done with planting stuff that just turns into deer food.

Some of the culprits...
784B0876-8141-4669-B40A-3E3CDBA4B424.thumb.jpeg.ba962511d222c0d156994e11201865fa.jpeg

Edited by indiggio

20 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Holy shit they went off on that bush.  Back in the day when it used to actually snow in PA, I loved looking at the snow each morning to see what animals came by the night before, it amazes me the parade of wildlife that stops over when we are sleeping.  They captured the bear yesterday that has been Roaming around Downingtown/Coatesville.  It also amazes me how some of these bears can avoid detection in urban areas.  I believe the Delco bear from a year or so ago made his escape in the city of Wilmington and got away.  On Sunday I noticed some weird poop In my parents yard.  Thought it might be bear poop but after looking at google it might just have been a deer taking an epic shit

Edited by theprogram4
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, indiggio said:

For some reason this year they've taken to eating all the wife's tiger lily buds that they usually never touch.
She's so done with planting stuff that just turns into deer food.

Some of the culprits...
784B0876-8141-4669-B40A-3E3CDBA4B424.thumb.jpeg.ba962511d222c0d156994e11201865fa.jpeg

Can't even get mad at the cute little guy!

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Cool penis bush. 

• Haha 5

32 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Holy shit they went off on that bush.  Back in the day when it used to actually snow in PA, I loved looking at the snow each morning to see what animals came by the night before, it amazes me the parade of wildlife that stops over when we are sleeping.  They captured the bear yesterday that has been Roaming around Downingtown/Coatesville.  It also amazes me how some of these bears can avoid detection in urban areas.  I believe the Delco bear from a year or so ago made his escape in the city of Wilmington and got away.  On Sunday I noticed some weird poop In my parents yard.  Thought it might be bear poop but after looking at google it might just have been a deer taking an epic shit

We get them all.  Other morning I looked out the bedroom/office window to see some type of remains in the yard (wife disallowed next to take a pic of the remains) which through the fog of flies chowing down, looked to be that of a fox, probably dropped by a coyote.  I had planned on getting a shovel out later and tossing it into the woods later on, but the cleanup crew got to it first.

C09479A6-D3C3-4F86-A686-7FF5145FDC9D.thumb.jpeg.702f9397b39f70f074dab2cb22555407.jpeg

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, indiggio said:

We get them all.  Other morning I looked out the bedroom/office window to see some type of remains in the yard (wife disallowed next to take a pic of the remains) which through the fog of flies chowing down, looked to be that of a fox, probably dropped by a coyote.  I had planned on getting a shovel out later and tossing it into the woods later on, but the cleanup crew got to it first.

C09479A6-D3C3-4F86-A686-7FF5145FDC9D.thumb.jpeg.702f9397b39f70f074dab2cb22555407.jpeg

Last year my mom called me over to dispose of a rabbit their dog had killed.  By the time I got there the vultures had cleaned up most of it.  Same dog goes crazy whenever he sees them fly over lol

4 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Nice. Within the last few weeks I have seen fox, bear, bobcats, bald eagles, timber rattlers, and the usual dear. It probably seems like there are more animals out but I think it is just that more people are home and noticing them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

Nice. Within the last few weeks I have seen fox, bear, bobcats, bald eagles, timber rattlers, and the usual dear. It probably seems like there are more animals out but I think it is just that more people are home and noticing them.

There's been far more bear sightings/videos around here this spring/summer than ever before. 
They really enjoy all the free bird seed people put out.

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Cool penis bush. 

Get your mind out of the gutter.  This is a family friendly site.  

2 hours ago, indiggio said:

Yeah, but why this year?  The bushes have been there for years, and they were not buffet food last year when i moved in.  Weird.  Its kinda why i wasnt paying attention to exactly how bad they were fucking them up.  They look like shit now, or as Toast has so nicely pointed out, a penis.  

16 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Yeah, but why this year?  The bushes have been there for years, and they were not buffet food last year when i moved in.  Weird.  Its kinda why i wasnt paying attention to exactly how bad they were fucking them up.  They look like shit now, or as Toast has so nicely pointed out, a penis.  

Probably a new herd of them moved into the area.
It is strange, since we really didn't have a rough winter at all and there was plenty of other stuff around to eat. 
Deer aren't the smartest of animals around.

Neighbors planted some arbs around a transformer block in their yard shortly after they moved in and the deer came around and ate them all to the bone.