Jump to content

Gardening


momskeeztoo
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Pulled some ripe cantaloupe today. About 8-12 more out in the vines. I saved the seeds from last years crop and will probably do the same again. These are beauts and delicious!

 

3173EAE4-88B9-4A6D-8B1B-3D8A1C2511D0.jpeg

You should start an onlyfans and just post pictures of your melons 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Squash time. Picked about half of the ripe squash on the vine. A lot of butternut and honey boat squash this year. Temps cooling a bit and squash season is getting me excited for fall. 
 

 

We're in September. We ski in November. So only one more month without skiing!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...

Previous owners planted peppermint and rosemary, anyone have tips on how to care for them? Do they even require any additional care? 
 

also have a rose bush at the corner of the walkway that overhangs into the entrance of the garage door that needs to be trimmed, I’ll take any tips or tricks you have for that so I don’t kill it as it’s a very appealing bush to the eyes. 

B7520073-BBED-4A78-8F15-F8B02A7B7900.jpeg

9EF5EEED-7595-4229-B868-4EEB262FE59F.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Previous owners planted peppermint and rosemary, anyone have tips on how to care for them? Do they even require any additional care? 
 

also have a rose bush at the corner of the walkway that overhangs into the entrance of the garage door that needs to be trimmed, I’ll take any tips or tricks you have for that so I don’t kill it as it’s a very appealing bush to the eyes. 

B7520073-BBED-4A78-8F15-F8B02A7B7900.jpeg

9EF5EEED-7595-4229-B868-4EEB262FE59F.jpeg

peppermint will spread like a bad weed if you let it, keep it in check. I never had any luck with roses can't help you there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, mbike-ski said:

peppermint will spread like a bad weed if you let it, keep it in check. I never had any luck with roses can't help you there

Yeah, that looks like a pretty decent spot for the mint, since it likes to spread out by root or just above the soil offshoots, you can probably keep it contained fairly well in that spot. Don't let it flower or it could end up spreading via seed as well.

 

Similarly with rosemary, it's very hardy and perennial as long as winter isn't particularly harsh, it can come back the next year. In my experience it does well if you keep it trimmed.

I also know nothing about roses

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, mbike-ski said:

peppermint will spread like a bad weed if you let it, keep it in check. I never had any luck with roses can't help you there

 

4 hours ago, enjoralas said:

Yeah, that looks like a pretty decent spot for the mint, since it likes to spread out by root or just above the soil offshoots, you can probably keep it contained fairly well in that spot. Don't let it flower or it could end up spreading via seed as well.

 

Similarly with rosemary, it's very hardy and perennial as long as winter isn't particularly harsh, it can come back the next year. In my experience it does well if you keep it trimmed.

I also know nothing about roses

Thanks guys, good to know about the mint, I had no idea it was that invasive and spread that easily. There is basil next to the mint but the basil isn’t looking too great. I’ll have to start figuring out a way to trim and dry the rosemary effectively, my shed is one of the plastic and aluminum build a shelf type deals so I’m thinking it’ll dry well in there upside down. It should come back every year, winters aren’t too harsh down here. PO had snapdragons planted that came back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, antman12 said:

So the Phillies held a fan social media vote to determine what logo to cut into the outfield. How many likes would it take to get @toast21602 to mow PASR into his lawn?? 😂

5C5739D6-A16A-43A2-B3EF-9CEDBA132EA4.thumb.jpeg.200c086b43063f5f664058bd5cd52999.jpeg

I appreciate that! I’ll start practicing. Nice day for a cut 👌

 

266DA927-7E42-4978-8C26-64E8C363A565.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2022 at 8:16 AM, Kyle said:

Previous owners planted peppermint and rosemary, anyone have tips on how to care for them? Do they even require any additional care? 
 

also have a rose bush at the corner of the walkway that overhangs into the entrance of the garage door that needs to be trimmed, I’ll take any tips or tricks you have for that so I don’t kill it as it’s a very appealing bush to the eyes. 

@Kyle- Roses are hardy. It'll be okay.

If you prune roses, do it soon. Once it hits June, it's typically not recommended.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I don’t know what these are, but the bulbs popped today and they look great. Back in April when I bought the house I was tempted to dig up the front garden these flowers were located in to extend the front patio a bit, and how that they have started blooming in very very happy I didn’t do so, adds nice color and appeal to the front of the house. 
 

now, if only it would rain so my grass would come back full and strong….. 

95991698-4C04-44E6-8FEF-23951E4F4A67.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I don’t know what these are, but the bulbs popped today and they look great. 

Looks like lilies. 

Maybe stargazer variety after poking around on Google 

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...