16/17 thread

RidgeRacer

It's labor day. All downhill from here. What the hell are you all doing this season?

Will likely take it really slow at first. Focused on getting my kids out as much as possible since my dumbass got hurt and ruined their season last year. I'd be happy with 25 to 30 days at Blue and a few days west of the Mississippi. Location TBD. You?

• Like 1

Day/weekend trips in cheapie hotels in Winter Park. Already bought tickets to the ski train for a day. Thinking Crested Butte house will be completed Februaryish. Eldora still on my pass this year so I am sure a decent number of my days will be there since its so convenient.

• Like 2

The regular Blue routine, get the kids out some, 4-5 days at Taos, 1 or 2 at Wolf Creek or SSF depending on conditions. Hopeful for either a VT late season thing or maybe a couple more days west in early April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Got my pass for Smuggs, I plan to get a few Stowe day passes so I can spend a day or 2 skiing both sides up and down, Jay, Blue and storm chase if something presents itself early season. Maybe Ullrfest at Magic on the 22nd, and a trip to Magic under new ownership this season, maybe. It's tough to drive 3 hours south once I'm up north. Since last winter sucked so hard on the EC, it has to be a better season this year.

• Like 2

I'll do the typical routine. Ski patrol at the Bush. Post 30 + days at that. Hopefully snag a VT 3 pass on Oct. 1 to hit some other mountains on the relative cheap. Plan to hit K late Oct/early Nov per usual. Also hope to go out west for a week since I missed last year. All of it is weather dependent. Had a down year last year with the weather being so bad. "Only" put in 60 days.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Retired Sept 1st, I will be spending most everyday at Elk, staying in our little cabin in the woods. Also have our 33rd annual stag trip booked to Telluride in March. Going to be a great year!!

Bonus, season pass to Elk at a 31% discount. $499.55 including injury insurance.

• Like 5