16/17 thread

RidgeRacer

Retired Sept 1st, I will be spending most everyday at Elk, staying in our little cabin in the woods. Also have our 33rd annual stag trip booked to Telluride in March. Going to be a great year!!

Bonus, season pass to Elk at a 31% discount. $499.55 including injury insurance.

Enjoy!

This year my winter break / spring semester is fairly open with work. Not sure of my personal class schedule yet, but it should still allow for a decent amount of skiing locally and hopefully a trip west.

Retired Sept 1st, I will be spending most everyday at Elk, staying in our little cabin in the woods. Also have our 33rd annual stag trip booked to Telluride in March. Going to be a great year!!

Bonus, season pass to Elk at a 31% discount. $499.55 including injury insurance.

That's awesome Rummy. Is that discount because of age, or is Elk actually dropping prices?

You own a ski cabin up near Elk? Always thought that was your permanent location.

I'm definitely going out west this year, but I also need to make the Eastern Townships a priority. I've already got a buddy lined up for Snowshoe, so maybe I'll make my triumphant return to where it all began for me as well.

Hoping for a trip to CO in late Jan. Maybe Killington on Dec. Other than that mostly pokes and skills. Gonna have to find some new deals now that kids are too tall to ski free at Shawnee. Fortunately this happens just as they are eligible for 4th and 5th grade skipass in PA.

Let it snow! Let it snow!

Don't hold it back anymore.

What's a stag trip??

Isn't that like an old fashioned term for a bachelor party. Congrats on retirement.

A stag trip is men only, in old pharts speak.

We always pack a beer and lunch pack and stash it on the mountain first thing. A couple of years ago we were having lunch mid mountain and a group of 30year olds we're doing the same at the neighboring table. We found out they were a group of college friends who were on their 5th year of "men only" get togethers. They didn't call it a Stag Trip....they called it a Dude Trip. That made everyone chuckle and raise a beer.

I think discount is due to last years short season.

That's awesome Rummy. Is that discount because of age, or is Elk actually dropping prices?

You own a ski cabin up near Elk? Always thought that was your permanent location.

I'm definitely going out west this year, but I also need to make the Eastern Townships a priority. I've already got a buddy lined up for Snowshoe, so maybe I'll make my triumphant return to where it all began for me as well.

The discount is a combination of the short season last year and my senior citizen discount. Elks' policy to season pass holders is 100 days of skiing. Last year they were open 69 days, so they issued a 31% credit (in my case -215.45). Props to management, the SP fees were the same this year as last year. We were expecting an increase.

My senior citizen discount is $100. $695 vs $795 for regular adult SP.

We've owned The Little Cabin In The Woods since 1988.

It's 2 miles by road and 1 mile "as the crow flys" from the Elk parking lot. We can see the Delaware trail from our front deck. TLCITW was designed as a yacht and stood up on end. It's four levels traversed by ships ladders from floor to floor, with almost all built in furniture.

The exterior is rough cut cedar and the interior is all wood, no dry wall. Two floors are knotty pine and two floors are deep mahogany. It's all built around a central chimney, with fireplaces on two floors and the heating and air conditioning ducts enclosed. Very efficient. Total square footage is about 1200'. It's on 2 acres built in the woods so there is no grass to mow. It's very unique, an original "tiny house". As the saying goes, "if walls could talk"...

Hopefully Mother Nature will cooperate for all of us here in the East and out West this year.

• Like 5

A stag trip is men only, in old pharts speak.

We always pack a beer and lunch pack and stash it on the mountain first thing. A couple of years ago we were having lunch mid mountain and a group of 30year olds we're doing the same at the neighboring table. We found out they were a group of college friends who were on their 5th year of "men only" get togethers. They didn't call it a Stag Trip....they called it a Dude Trip. That made everyone chuckle and raise a beer.

The best kind of trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The discount is a combination of the short season last year and my senior citizen discount. Elks' policy to season pass holders is 100 days of skiing. Last year they were open 69 days, so they issued a 31% credit (in my case -215.45). Props to management, the SP fees were the same this year as last year. We were expecting an increase.

My senior citizen discount is $100. $695 vs $795 for regular adult SP.

It's 2 miles by road and 1 mile "as the crow flys" from the Elk parking lot. We can see the Delaware trail from our front deck. TLCITW was designed as a yacht and stood up on end. It's four levels traversed by ships ladders from floor to floor, with almost all built in furniture.

The exterior is rough cut cedar and the interior is all wood, no dry wall. Two floors are knotty pine and two floors are deep mahogany. It's all built around a central chimney, with fireplaces on two floors and the heating and air conditioning ducts enclosed. Very efficient. Total square footage is about 1200'. It's on 2 acres built in the woods so there is no grass to mow. It's very unique, an original "tiny house". As the saying goes, "if walls could talk"...

Hopefully Mother Nature will cooperate for all of us here in the East and out West this year.

its needs to be under 500 sqft for it to qualify as a "tiny house"

I am. In AC, thinking snowy thoughts, while rolling around in agony from stupid kidney stone. Where'd I put that Oxy?

Healing thoughts.

Sounds unique indeed. 1.2k' and 4 floors? Pls post pics.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

some pretty decent prices on flights from phl to slc right now.

Not doing that again unless it's points. Had to use my $200 from last year before Oct. 15 or I lost it. Puerto Vallarta was nice though it probably eliminated my ski trip this year....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk