Any info on the condos??

GrilledSteezeSandwich

i think Blues electric probably comes from the Berwyck Nuclear plant.  i can def be wrong on that though.  

Absolutely not.  Why do you think that?

Nuclear is also by any metric the cleanest and safest form of energy. Its not even close and that's old nuke gen II shit were not talking IFR's and sub critical with fast neutron particle accelerators.

Wind or solar power is not powering base loads that's NG, coal and nuclear, variable output production would be peak demand only.

Regardless one can be for alternative energy and go skiing, I understand the point your making but one can like wind power for purely economic reasons that have nothing to do with saving the planet or whatever.  Wind for example will be assuming increased generation as cheap if not cheaper than many conventional fuels, the EROEI and such is just factors better as your not expending nearly as much energy to produce a Megawatt aka the fuel comes to you. Additionally one can be pro environment and pro economics, the idea that these things are in opposition is pure lunacy, everything everyone has ever or will ever do is entirely and completely dependent on a incredibly specific relationship with nature. The single biggest threat to everything including our economic system is climate change and not because it's going to get too hot, 50million people live in Bangladesh, at best 1/3 are underwater within a decade or two. That's one country potentially sending 15million refugees to who the fuck knows were. That creates conflict, that disrupts an economic system that demands predictability, that introduces an entirely new level of resource competition in an area of the world that already has a metric fuckton of people. it's real bad shit for humans which includes economics and being fifthly rich.

Ski areas use alot of juice relative to other things but even if snow was never blown again on planet earth it would have no effect on anything, it's pissing in the ocean. The drivers of energy use is the stuff everyone does all the time, your not using terrawatts blowing snow.

• Like 1

Ski areas use alot of juice relative to other things but even if snow was never blown again on planet earth it would have no effect on anything, it's pissing in the ocean. The drivers of energy use is the stuff everyone does all the time, your not using terrawatts blowing snow.

Correct, its not like if nobody ever made snow again, lighted trails, and hauled a bunch of goof balls to the top of blue mountain again, all of the worlds problems would be solved.  But it is electricity that one might consider "wasted", its not used to heat, light, etc.  I dont consider it wasted, i consider it a huge amount of fun.  The more i read about wind energy, the more i just cant wrap my head around how it is so green.  everybody looks at it from a standpoint of after it is produced, and put up.  The huge amount of land clearing, steel production, concrete, etc, for the tiny amount of electricity it really produces for the footprint it takes up.  Lets remember the only time they make electricity is when its windy.  Other times they use electricity to spin the blades so it can catch the wind.  i get it, burning coal, natural gas, carbon monoxide, big black hole in the ozone......

Yeah and what about people who live in 5,000 square foot homes that they have to heat that's also a waste of energy but those big houses provide jobs to people who build and maintain them. I try not to question things like this and just accept it. Also we could all carpool but I don't like carpooling fuck me and atomic Jeff used to take seperate cars to drive to belleayre.

Yeah and what about people who live in 5,000 square foot homes that they have to heat that's also a waste of energy but those big houses provide jobs to people who build and maintain them. I try not to question things like this and just accept it. Also we could all carpool but I don't like carpooling fuck me and atomic Jeff used to take seperate cars to drive to belleayre.

you are correct.  we as a society are pretty much monsters, love electricity, love our gasoline powered cars, love to brew beer....the list goes on.  

So like geo-thermal airconditining?

Lay pipes under trails and have the snow on top cool the water. Then transfer it to building a/c units since itll probably be 80 degrees in the winter still.

Geo thermal is so cool.  Imagine geo thermal tied in with Bear Creeks Mr. Chilly?  now that would be impressive.  

you are correct.  we as a society are pretty much monsters, love electricity, love our gasoline powered cars, love to brew beer....the list goes on.  

YOLO you only live once do what you like fuck if I want chicken McNuggets and a sausage biscuit for lunch I can get both at the same damn time wow we are living in a great time.

So like geo-thermal airconditining?

Lay pipes under trails and have the snow on top cool the water. Then transfer it to building a/c units since itll probably be 80 degrees in the winter still.

It was almost 80 degrees in early March and I skied in a polo shirt.

fair enough.  i really dont give a shit either way, just stirring debate on here.  one of these days when im bored i might bring up the dangerous hazards that bicycles and motorcyles are and how they shouldn't be allowed on roads.  i dont think i would win that argument on here

obviously the people who refuse to work are poorer than me

Muh roads!

• 4 months later...