Any info on the condos??

GrilledSteezeSandwich

No water park at bear creek but they have a spa and a pool. Blue began building a $30 million dollar water park about four years ago. They cleared the land, had a rendering of what it would look like but what I heard is that the bank wouldn't give funding for the waterpark unless they had a hotel. I have heard the condos were going to have fractional ownership. That wouldn't work for most blue mountain skiers and riders because a 1/4 share in the condos would mean just 3-4 weeks of available use during ski season. They really need a hotel for the wedding venue. I bet they lose out on available weddings because there's no lodging on the premises.

• 4 weeks later...

They should build the hotel at the bottom like they original planned 10 years ago. Then no issues with the Appalachian trail and easier access to the six pack and lower lot scene

The only upside I see to a hotel being at the bottom is that they'd probably pave the lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some interesting things from that article:

I hadn't seen that particular artist's rendering before, and it was interesting to get a better look at the location. From the pics I had seen in the past and the description, I thought it was more of an expansion/revamp of the upper lodge to extend up the hill, and I couldn't quite figure out how it was incorporated.

This is the first I've seen mention of a split concept between timeshare and regular hotel rooms. From the story it looks like they are planning at least 55 regular hotel rooms and up to 80 timeshare rooms.

i thought they were going to be set up like hope lake/greek peak - fractional condo suites. We have a 1/4 share so we "own" it 13 weeks/year. Its like a hotel room in that they are all furnished the same and we don't store anything there so when it's ours and we don't have it reserved its rented out as a hotel room and we get the revenue less taxes and fees.

i thought they were going to be set up like hope lake/greek peak - fractional condo suites. We have a 1/4 share so we "own" it 13 weeks/year. Its like a hotel room in that they are all furnished the same and we don't store anything there so when it's ours and we don't have it reserved its rented out as a hotel room and we get the revenue less taxes and fees.

I think it's going more towards a combination of quarter shares and hotel rooms.

As an avid backpacker and hiker, I have no problems with the hotel being placed near the trail. The trail goes through many towns much more developed than this. It's just a fancy way to justify them simply not wanting a hotel. It's not moving the trail, so I don't see the issue.

• Like 2

Joe Forte continues to stress how important the hotel will be for the local economy saying it will add up to one million in additional tax revenues 75% of which going to the local school district which I imagine is Palmerton. I have no idea where the million in tax revenue comes from just from one 120 room hotel..doesn't seem plausible.

Joe Forte continues to stress how important the hotel will be for the local economy saying it will add up to one million in additional tax revenues 75% of which going to the local school district which I imagine is Palmerton. I have no idea where the million in tax revenue comes from just from one 120 room hotel..doesn't seem plausible.

$1 million per year does seem high, unless they are also factoring in hotel tax etc. in addition to the property tax.

To put it in perspective, I know the taxes at the big new car dealerships in Lehigh County are crazy high. Just picking 3 random ones on Lehigh Street in Allentown one pays $150,000 per year another $100,000 and another $67,000. So a hotel is probably up there based on square footage and value. I'm not familiar with Carbon County taxes, but I'd image at least the school district taxes are higher compared to what they are in the Lehigh Valley if I had to guess.