Any info on the condos??

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Skifreak Joe Forte doesn't know..he's a ski instructor but that would equal $8,000 per year per hotel room or about $22 a night per room and that's just local taxes. I'm sure there will be some sort of nominal 1-2% fee that goes to the local chamber of commerce towards promoting the area but most hotel taxes go to the state. I would think occupancy would be in ththe 40-50% range adjusted out for the entire year. Also Joe Forte was saying that the new hotel would be below the summit lodge even though all the drawings are above it. He was saying things like the benefit of the hotel is to get people to experience the great outdoors....OK..he also said because the last two seasons were bad don't expect the new trail to open.

I don't think Blue mountain ski resort in its entirety pays one million a year in local taxes..it's likely a couple hundred thousand so why wood a hotel pay a million...dude is talking out of his ass. He should stick to giving Segway tours

• Like 1

Did he actually say "per year"? Your initial post about it said "additional revenue". I could see $1 million being easily raised based on increased assessment taxes and transfer taxes. I don't see $1 million per year in additional revenue.

I don't think any of us here are tax experts, especially when it comes to amusements and hotel taxes for hotels and ski resorts. So considering he is on the planning board for the project, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.