Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Any info on the condos??

Best Answer toast21602 , 20 September 2016 - 11:51 AM

it all started when the pope cancelled his visit to dedicate the statue...

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#101 GrilledSteezeSandwich

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Gold Medalist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,859 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:53 AM

Skifreak Joe Forte doesn't know..he's a ski instructor but that would equal $8,000 per year per hotel room or about $22 a night per room and that's just local taxes. I'm sure there will be some sort of nominal 1-2% fee that goes to the local chamber of commerce towards promoting the area but most hotel taxes go to the state. I would think occupancy would be in ththe 40-50% range adjusted out for the entire year. Also Joe Forte was saying that the new hotel would be below the summit lodge even though all the drawings are above it. He was saying things like the benefit of the hotel is to get people to experience the great outdoors....OK..he also said because the last two seasons were bad don't expect the new trail to open.
I don't think Blue mountain ski resort in its entirety pays one million a year in local taxes..it's likely a couple hundred thousand so why wood a hotel pay a million...dude is talking out of his ass. He should stick to giving Segway tours
  • skifreak likes this

#102 theprogram4

theprogram4

Gold Medalist

• Members
  • 13,425 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:02 PM

.he also said because the last two seasons were bad don't expect the new trail to open.

lol

#103 GrilledSteezeSandwich

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Gold Medalist

• Members
  • 50,859 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:24 PM

lol

Two seasons ago was bad. This last season was good.
  • RootDKJ likes this

#104 Ride Delaware ?

Ride Delaware ?

Pow Huntah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts
  • Home Mtn: Sugarbush, Elk Mountain

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:40 PM

Did he actually say "per year"? Your initial post about it said "additional revenue". I could see $1 million being easily raised based on increased assessment taxes and transfer taxes. I don't see $1 million per year in additional revenue.

#105 GrilledSteezeSandwich

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Gold Medalist

• Members
  • 50,859 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:57 PM

Per year in local taxes 75% going to the school district

#106 toast21602

toast21602

A bad day of skiing is still better than a good day of anything

• Staff
  • 15,606 posts
  • Home Mtn: Blue Mountain

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:35 AM

Did he actually say "per year"? Your initial post about it said "additional revenue". I could see $1 million being easily raised based on increased assessment taxes and transfer taxes. I don't see $1 million per year in additional revenue.

I don't think any of us here are tax experts, especially when it comes to amusements and hotel taxes for hotels and ski resorts. So considering he is on the planning board for the project, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. 

*this post may contain sarcasm*

#107 GrilledSteezeSandwich

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Gold Medalist

• Members
  • 50,859 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:03 AM

I don't think any of us here are tax experts, especially when it comes to amusements and hotel taxes for hotels and ski resorts. So considering he is on the planning board for the project, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

OK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users