What are Elk Mountain's 2016/2017 Improvements?

Old Geezer

Changed some lightbulbs in the lodge...

I laughed.

put new hay in the cattle cars that take you from the parking lot to the lodge.  imagine if the blue crew had to park and take shuttles to the mountain every weekend morning lol

Would be good commaraderie.

They have magically made the trip to Vermont considerably shorter.

Now that's a good one.

Wrong. They kept SP prices the same as last year. With the 100 day guarantee, I paid $479.55 for this year's pass.

IDK. I'm just going by their hot tub time machine website. If i want a pass there I'm paying close to a grand. 

Age Level

Until Oct 10, 2016 Until December 1, 2016 After December 1, 2016 ADULTS age 21 & older $795 $855 $925 

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 1

Wrong. They kept SP prices the same as last year. With the 100 day guarantee, I paid $479.55 for this year's pass.

Its my opinion that the discount due to the 100 day thing of last year, puts that pass in the ball park of what it should really cost.  

But then again, Its like driving to Vermont, but without really driving to Vermont.  no, wait, thats not right.  Its like being in Vermont, but without the cold, and way less snow.  no, again, thats not it.  Its like skiing in Vermont, just look at our pass prices.  There we go.  Thats more like it.   

• Like 2

I agree, their Vermont spiel is laughable.

I am a seasoned citizen, so get the "cheap" rate. $695 - 31% = $479.55

Everyone I know buys their pass at early discount rates. Wouldn't you ?

Any other PA mountain give the 100 day guarantee? That's nice insurance.

High prices and slow lifts keep the riff raff out.....JK

I always buy my pass for the lowest price.  Been paying just a little over $500 for the past 7 yrs or so at JF/BB or Blue.  

I think the "100 day guarantee" is cool and all, but really, im sure they hit that more than not.  I think probably all PA mountains, except Bear Creek, probably hit 100 days as an average each year.  I dont know, seems like the car salesman saying "our cars come with 4 tires".  

Elk would be great if they would stop planting trees, and letting people ski in the trees.  I get it though....Elk is probably close to you, makes the most sense for you to ski there....etc.   Everyone has a reason to ski where they do.  

I always buy my pass for the lowest price. Been paying just a little over $500 for the past 7 yrs or so at JF/BB or Blue.

Not the lowest..... I've gotten 5 years of passes for FREE!! Of course I had to whore what little bit of skillset I actually have to do it. .....I blame DOM!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not the lowest..... I've gotten 5 years of passes for FREE!! Of course I had to whore what little bit of skillset I actually have to do it. .....I blame DOM!!

If it gets all the kids season passes, then it really is worth whoring yourself out...

I can't help but think how much more business Elk could bring in if they just put us in charge...

• Like 1

If it gets all the kids season passes, then it really is worth whoring yourself out...

Not Free...but heavily discounted.

Honestly, instructing isn't bad at all. It was a way to give back to the sport I love while helping lower my costs, and I got to do it with some great people to boot.

I was merely joking about it.

I may be skiing at Blue with my friends, but my JFBB peeps are like a second family.

I am just the black sheep [emoji4]

You'll thank me when you and me are whirlybirding our asses off past the throngs of envious onlookers. :) Edited by RidgeRacer

• 2 weeks later...

I grabbed an Elk brochure at a local ski shop. To answer the OP's question, improvements are below. I'm sure we can all agree that nothing spells excitement like gearboxes and storage buildings :)

"This past summer we continued with out tree planting program and concentrated our efforts on the Tioga spur trail by planting an additional 700 Norway and White Spruce trees. 

The summer months also allowed us to mow the slopes and trails with a newly purchased AEBI tractor.........lift C had a major overhaul with the gearbox rebuilt and lifts E & F were painted.

Work is currently underway to complete the new storage building....this will provide us with off season storage for snowmaking, lift and vehicles"