What are Elk Mountain's 2016/2017 Improvements?

Old Geezer

I always buy my pass for the lowest price.  Been paying just a little over $500 for the past 7 yrs or so at JF/BB or Blue.  

I think the "100 day guarantee" is cool and all, but really, im sure they hit that more than not.  I think probably all PA mountains, except Bear Creek, probably hit 100 days as an average each year.  I dont know, seems like the car salesman saying "our cars come with 4 tires".  

Elk would be great if they would stop planting trees, and letting people ski in the trees.  I get it though....Elk is probably close to you, makes the most sense for you to ski there....etc.   Everyone has a reason to ski where they do.  

He was a used care salesman!

It is entertaining to see their descriptions of improvements every year.  One year real soon Elk will be reporting painting the lines in the parking lot as an annual improvement. 

If I could have convinced some of my ex-wives of these tall tales, "Honey buns, I made some home improvements this weekend, I mowed the lawn!" I'd be s better man for it.

Edited by Old Geezer
  • Like 3

Any chance they shoot for this weekend?  Get the 100 day clock ticking?  

Web cam has a big blob of ice on it, can't tell if they are blowing snow or not, but temps seem right.

No way they will open this weekend and they don't have to open till mid December to try for the 100 days thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never had a bad day at Elk. It's fun. It's the references to Vermont, the high ticket prices and the signs that say "ski fast or lose pass" and "no tree skiing" that kill it for me. 

Yeah, it's a shame.  They have some nice steep trees that look ideal....