Mountain Creek

enjoralas

No but I voluntarily donate money to charity, don't seek tax breaks, and vote for the candidates most likely to raise taxes.

I will be more active in seeking to avoid federal taxes starting this year as I believe the federal government will become purely evil in 6 weeks.

I don't want to support the 4th Reich.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

Folks without jobs need food and shelter and doctors too. And folks with low paying jobs need enough money for those things as well.

If the government is just gonna give poors free money why bother working. While I don't want people to starve. Was nice of Obama to give people free phones...the only problem is many people develop a sense of entitlement. Many times I've had families come in my office and say,"our loved one had no money and the funeral home donated the funeral and the cemetery donated a plot, can you donate a tombstone". If it's an extenuating circumstance like an Eagle Scout project or an infant death I usually hook me up with a stock piece but just cause someone is poor doesn't mean in my opinion they should get free stuff. I typically say we have some markers on the side of the building that I can give a discount on and when they see a basic 24x12" lawn marker they say...,"no we want something nice". Often these people have nice clothes and an SUV..

Yes there are limits to how much should be provided to needy people and it is worth making sure the system is not ripe for abuse.

My view is that we are not doing enough.

I would also like to see more government spending on infrastructure repairs and improvements and believe that taxes should be raised in a progressive fashion to fund that.

• Like 1

I feel like if taxes are higher then the average person/family has less disposable income and with less disposable income they won't buy is much which in effect hurts both small and large businesses. I had a debate with somebody who was pro $15 an hour minimum wage earlier. Was an interesting discussion.

I will never blame or fault people who are on welfare...even if they have a side hustle that's off the books and they drive an Escalade and wear Air Jordan's...even if they use food stamps for cake and red bull...I blame the system not the people.

No but I voluntarily donate money to charity, don't seek tax breaks, and vote for the candidates most likely to raise taxes.

I will be more active in seeking to avoid federal taxes starting this year as I believe the federal government will become purely evil in 6 weeks.

So you think politicians should raise taxes on a group of people that don't approve of the way the government spends their tax money, but this year you are going to actively do all you can to avoid paying taxes because you don't approve of the way the government is going to spend your tax money.

Your opinions cease to have any value.

• Like 2

So you think politicians should raise taxes on a group of people that don't approve of the way the government spends their tax money, but this year you are going to actively do all you can to avoid paying taxes because you don't approve of the way the government is going to spend your tax money.

Your opinions cease to have any value.

To be clear, I am going to continue to pay my taxes. I will be less happy about it and will be more aggressive in finding legal deductions I can take. I do not advocate that anybody should pay more than they are required by law to pay.

I will be decreasing donations to charity and redirecting those funds to groups determined to organize resistence to the incoming fourth reich administration, as I believe efforts to undermine this administration are the most important way to improve our society for the next four years.

• Like 1

Here we go again with the Nazi shit. SMH. 

• Like 2