Moe Ghoul how has Smuggs been?

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Another stellar day, snowed all morning, M1 opened up, and it was pow runs for 3 hours for me. Changed skis midway to do a few runs in the woods off Sterling and called it a day. Starting to feel some pain in the right knee, along the inside/top of knee. ACL? I noticed it when I took my first mountain bike ride thru the Wiss last month. Did 3 hours cruising around, by the end of the ride it felt similar to a severe muscle cramp, but faded away qithin a few hours. Kinda felt the same thing today, but mild in comparison to the bike ride. Shit's falling apart...... :crymore:

• Like 1

Another stellar day, snowed all morning, M1 opened up, and it was pow runs for 3 hours for me. Changed skis midway to do a few runs in the woods off Sterling and called it a day. Starting to feel some pain in the right knee, along the inside/top of knee. ACL? I noticed it when I took my first mountain bike ride thru the Wiss last month. Did 3 hours cruising around, by the end of the ride it felt similar to a severe muscle cramp, but faded away qithin a few hours. Kinda felt the same thing today, but mild in comparison to the bike ride. Shit's falling apart...... :crymore:

Sweet dude!

I had been having similar pain on the top/inside of my knee when biking and running (especially downhill). Sit with your leg elevated so the knee isn't bent if you are watching tv or sitting at a desk. Icing it after exerting yourself and taking naproxen 2x per day helped me a bunch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sweet dude!

I had been having similar pain on the top/inside of my knee when biking and running (especially downhill). Sit with your leg elevated so the knee isn't bent if you are watching tv or sitting at a desk. Icing it after exerting yourself and taking naproxen 2x per day helped me a bunch.

thanks, there is no lingering or residual pain, it's fine once I stopped biking or skiing. Raining pretty hard here, looks like a spa day at Chateau Moe. :beer::smoke:

• 2 weeks later...

The mountain reported in at 13" over the past 2 days. When it comes in intervals, it seems less. Skiing was tits today, Did 3 runs in the woods and finished with a run in the B-day bowls. Pretty much untouched areas to enjoy. Gonna go boot shopping next week, the Cochise's have too much slop (might consider getting new liners, the stock liners were always considered shitty) and the Diablos, as comfy as they are, they are packed out and I've moved the buckles twice. Happy New year to all, looking forward to getting a day up at Blue with the PASRonis in Jan. Keep those guns blasting! I might make a run over to Stowe for some Alchemist beers, cases go for 100 if anyone is interested. That includes transportation cost and breaking interstate transportation law.

• Like 3

Got to the hill for opening bell, started flurrying hard around 9, Did 2 runs down FIS which was chalky and powdery, no ice (rare), did a run down Dempsey's which was deep in parts and scoured on others. Finished with a run through the woods off Sterling and heading to 158 Main for the best brunch in these parts. Prolly gonna go out again this afternoon for a few mellow cruisers.

• Like 3

The mountain reported in at 13" over the past 2 days. When it comes in intervals, it seems less. Skiing was tits today, Did 3 runs in the woods and finished with a run in the B-day bowls. Pretty much untouched areas to enjoy. Gonna go boot shopping next week, the Cochise's have too much slop (might consider getting new liners, the stock liners were always considered shitty) and the Diablos, as comfy as they are, they are packed out and I've moved the buckles twice. Happy New year to all, looking forward to getting a day up at Blue with the PASRonis in Jan. Keep those guns blasting! I might make a run over to Stowe for some Alchemist beers, cases go for 100 if anyone is interested. That includes transportation cost and breaking interstate transportation law.

Ha! - I would be interested at $100- per 24 can case.....

• Like 1

Since Trump won, the whole world is going full retard. There are 24 cans in the case.

Since they are sold in 4 packs, I got confuse-ed.  

Anywho....Will buy a case for $100.  Ditto for Focal Banger or Crusher....

Glad to hear Smugs was fun -thinking of adding it to a weekend trip to Stowe later in the season.

Glad to hear Smugs was fun -thinking of adding it to a weekend trip to Stowe later in the season.

Smuggs on the weekends can have long lift lines. Be forewarned.

I'd recommend going to a sports doc as soon as it's convenient.  I struggled with some knee pain for the last couple of years.  It's now kind of morphed into all sorts of issues on the same leg.  Strained hip flexor, sciatica issues, and a tight IT band.  The sports doc that I finally went to for the strained hip flexor (pain had become significant enough to threaten a few half marathons I had planned) said the older knee pain, the sciatica, and the flexor all kind of feed on themselves.  His advice was, get things checked out early and find the root problem before it mushrooms into more, harder to treat issues.

• Like 1

A case of each or 1 case of mixed 4 pks?

You the man. Definitely interested in some beer!

Edited by NMSKI
  • Like 1

Maybe an inch on the hill overnite, with some more forecasted this afternoon. Did 4 runs on off Madonna, smooth and fast this AM. Had to meet up with the heater guy at the house to get zone valves replaced and a few other things.

Any rain last night?