Moe Ghoul how has Smuggs been?

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Yup

You get your dental surgery??

Got the surgery today. Dentist said I had the densest bone he's come across. Took him 1.5 hours to remove a busted tooth that's had a temp on it for 2 years. Tons of novacaine, happy gas and a script for percs. Guy had a pile of dental tools and drills. He was actually sweating to get that fucker out.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Keeps getting better.

Trails Open: 60

Terrain Parks Open: 4

Lifts Operating: 6

New Snow: 12" past 24 hrs

Trail Base Depths

Snowmaking: 32" - 50"

Natural Snow: 16" - 26"

Season Total: 124"

Snow Surfaces

Primary: Powder

Secondary: Packed Powder

Comments

We have 73 skiable trails and 60 lift accessible trails open today. Madonna 1 lift is on wind hold. 15 inches of new snow in the past 3 days.

Forecast: Supposed to snow everyday next week sans Wednesday.

:P

• Like 2

Left Philly around 12. Got here around 9, average speed had to be 80 until we hit Vergennes and the roads turned to shit with some black ice and variable crap lying about. Me and the dogs wrestled in 3 foot drifts on the deck and yard. Extremely stoked about skiing this week. Friendlier temps and lotsa pow = JADIP.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, moe ghoul said:

Left Philly around 12. Got here around 9, average speed had to be 80 until we hit Vergennes and the roads turned to shit with some black ice and variable crap lying about. Me and the dogs wrestled in 3 foot drifts on the deck and yard. Extremely stoked about skiing this week. Friendlier temps and lotsa pow = JADIP.

Nice did you wrestle your wife around in the snow as well lol 

• 4 weeks later...

Feb is gonna be deeeeeeep. Overall conditions have been great with the exception of a few warm spells/rain that got boilerplated in short order. Snow making and 1-3''refreshers put everything back into play. Hiking back and forth to Stowe has been an added bonus this year. Heading out for dawn patrol. Go Iggles!!!

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM THIS MORNING TO
7 AM EST MONDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 5
inches, with localized amounts up to 7 inches, are expected.

* WHERE...The Northern Adirondacks in New York and much of
Vermont along and east of the spine of the Green Mountains.

* WHEN...From 7 AM this morning to 7 AM EST Monday.

• Like 3

Been up here for over a month and don't wanna go back to PA. Heading back to PA Sunday to drop off Mrs. Ghoul, dad's gonna visit for a few days midweek, take care of some biz and mail, then return with the hounds for an extended stay on my journey to 100. Smuggs has had 178" so far and we are in a good storm cycle currently. Pow days have been plentiful. Tomorrow should be off the hook again. Burned a lot of calories and brain cells since October recovering from the water damage and pushing myself to get a lot of other delayed projects completed. House is looking great, I finally got the basement checked off and am pleased with the end product. My hands get so cramped up from working, I've dropped my poles on several occasions. Been pounding Aleve and Celebrex when needed and hitting the pool to shore up some foot issues and achy joints. Next time up, the kitchen is finally back in the cross hairs for some demo work.

Got my crop going, and paid homage to JH and the Cowboy bar with some saddle stools. Picked the saddles up for $50/pc at a yard sale 5 years ago. Finally got to do some fun stuff in the shop for a change. Life is good, we're blessed. I put the old toilet outside the garage door with a sign on it, "Flush twice, it's a long way to the White House" and an american flag upside down. Going to take a look at a bar/restaurant that closed down last fall for financial reasons on Friday, possible sheriff's sale on it for steezy fire sale price depending on encumbrances and debt. Less than 50% chance of moving on it, but ya never know........did I mention that it's gonna be deep again Thursday?

IMG_5687.thumb.jpg.4e1f75b23b2d1d9afe9bc3b7ac027417.jpgIMG_5686.thumb.jpg.21e213a32bc76fa4ac3eea57a90e05f0.jpg

• Like 5

Been up here for over a month and don't wanna go back to PA. Heading back to PA Sunday to drop off Mrs. Ghoul, dad's gonna visit for a few days midweek, take care of some biz and mail, then return with the hounds for an extended stay on my journey to 100. Smuggs has had 178" so far and we are in a good storm cycle currently. Pow days have been plentiful. Tomorrow should be off the hook again. Burned a lot of calories and brain cells since October recovering from the water damage and pushing myself to get a lot of other delayed projects completed. House is looking great, I finally got the basement checked off and am pleased with the end product. My hands get so cramped up from working, I've dropped my poles on several occasions. Been pounding Aleve and Celebrex when needed and hitting the pool to shore up some foot issues and achy joints. Next time up, the kitchen is finally back in the cross hairs for some demo work.
Got my crop going, and paid homage to JH and the Cowboy bar with some saddle stools. Picked the saddles up for $50/pc at a yard sale 5 years ago. Finally got to do some fun stuff in the shop for a change. Life is good, we're blessed. I put the old toilet outside the garage door with a sign on it, "Flush twice, it's a long way to the White House" and an american flag upside down. Going to take a look at a bar/restaurant that closed down last fall for financial reasons on Friday, possible sheriff's sale on it for steezy fire sale price depending on encumbrances and debt. Less than 50% chance of moving on it, but ya never know........did I mention that it's gonna be deep again Thursday?
IMG_5687.thumb.jpg.4e1f75b23b2d1d9afe9bc3b7ac027417.jpgIMG_5686.thumb.jpg.21e213a32bc76fa4ac3eea57a90e05f0.jpg

Can I set up a teepee in your yard when I retire? Winters only I promise
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Moe I was actually gonna ask you about the possible restaurant plan.  I guess you miss the days when you owned bars and restaurants. 

No plan, open minded, keeping feelers out for opportunities, no rush. . I'm sold on the Bin 22 concept. I'd tweak it a little, but it's a winning set up.

11 minutes ago, moe ghoul said:

No plan, open minded, keeping feelers out for opportunities, no rush. . I'm sold on the Bin 22 concept. I'd tweak it a little, but it's a winning set up.

There was a parade of PASRs going back and forth to Bin 22 last week..not for the restaurant but for beer and spirits.  Smaller restaurants are the bet IMO. Less overhead...a local Italian restaurant has about 10 tables and the dining room is not much bigger than my hotel room and those 10 tables are always filled from 5-9pm

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

There was a parade of PASRs going back and forth to Bin 22 last week..not for the restaurant but for beer and spirits.  Smaller restaurants are the bet IMO. Less overhead...a local Italian restaurant has about 10 tables and the dining room is not much bigger than my hotel room and those 10 tables are always filled from 5-9pm

I spent 1000000000 dollars at bin 22 last week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, tarponhead said:

My meal plan in college was being a line cook. Just sayin emoji41.png

My 1st job 1st semester freshman year was 4 night shifts at the Gulf gas station in town. I had to count every pack of smokes at the end of my shift, then go to an 8AM class. Then I got a job carding at the door at Wollf's Pub 2nd semester and was behind the bar soon thereafter. Good times as well :) Seriously, if yer up this way, visiting yer kid, etc, door is open for you and a travel mate any time. No teepee required!

Powder Notchy's legs are toast. Before dawn hike to the Madonna hut, still snowing lightly, place was SRO, several doobs and vapes later a few ninjas headlamped their first run. I held out for daylight and skied the single best T2B run of my life at Smuggs. Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. Knee to thigh high drifts in some spots, but a legit foot of pow on average. Ltft served some untracked thereafter, they groomed a lot more than they usually do, maybe they want to base build. Then I particle farted on the Sterling lift around 10 and decided it was time to go home and burn my shorts. Every lot was filled, so when I came back with some carving skis and fresh underoos, I pulled the disabled card trick and parked all the way up front in the upper lot.  I've mastered not feeling bad, ashamed or guilty doing this a few times a season. It's like my personal parking space! :wub:

Song choice for 1st run of the day. Really loud,

JADIMFP

• Like 4

Snow was fairly heroic mid mountain down. Upper shady spots had some pow preservation going on. I swapped out bindings and skied on the Coombas which are my shortest fat ski and they did nicely on some glade runs. I skied 3 runs and called it a day. lift lines were a bit long and my body is beat up. skiing with a taped left index finger knuckle and joint, taped big left toe, and a golf ball sized ding on my right shin when it kissed the steps while I was hauling firewood upstairs. Due to weather, we'll be leaving for PA on Mon or Tues instead. More snow and a shot at some icing.

IMG_5700.jpg

IMG_5701.jpg

• Like 2