Moe Ghoul how has Smuggs been?

GrilledSteezeSandwich

How'd you make out Moe?  

Conditions seem to be OK this morning, but the deep freeze is coming tonight.

Hero snow conditions with some sunshine early afternoon, the base snow is fine, the powder from the last week is consolidated. We were up drinking until about 2:30 AM and it had just started to lightly mist and drizzle. Off piste will be crust tomorrow, but maybe breakable with powder underneath. I'll report back on that.

Hero snow conditions with some sunshine early afternoon, the base snow is fine, the powder from the last week is consolidated. We were up drinking until about 2:30 AM and it had just started to lightly mist and drizzle. Off piste will be crust tomorrow, but maybe breakable with powder underneath. I'll report back on that.

Thanks moe.

MRG and Jay started closing trails due to ice around 1, so that has us spooked.

Plus, the Pokes and Catskills are going to get rocked tomorrow!  Crazy....

Yeah, short of Moe reporting tomorrow that everything is A-OK, we are cancelling.  MRG, Jay and Bolton all reported closing trails as temps dropped.  single digits with no snow till sunday.  

Might take the kids night skiing at blue tomorrow night, maybe Plattekill Saturday.

Yeah, short of Moe reporting tomorrow that everything is A-OK, we are cancelling. MRG, Jay and Bolton all reported closing trails as temps dropped. single digits with no snow till sunday.

Might take the kids night skiing at blue tomorrow night, maybe Plattekill Saturday.

Look closely at what happens tomorrow. Could see 3" or a little more plus some more on Sun. The Bush was reporting a net gain, but it sounded like there was definitely some unfrozen precip...

Screw it. I'm meeting my son and skiing mrg or jay sat/sun and if the work cards fall right then Monday as well. It will be what it will be. Looking forward to rolling with #1 and eating/drinking damm fine food/beer. Worse ways to spend a long weekend

Way to get after it...I can't cancel a ski trip..I've gone to Stowe after a thaw freeze and ended up with some unexpected fresh snow and good tree skiing.

Screw it. I'm meeting my son and skiing mrg or jay sat/sun and if the work cards fall right then Monday as well. It will be what it will be. Looking forward to rolling with #1 and eating/drinking damm fine food/beer. Worse ways to spend a long weekend

Monday could be great.

We're waiting till nine to decide for sure, but right now, with Jay and Stowe reporting ungroomed terrain closed or 'firm', and no chance we could extend into Monday, I think skiing in this coastal storm will be more fun somewhere.

Forecast for us is 1-3 on Sat and 5-8 on Sunday and a few more Monday. Gonna get deeeeeep.............again..........

Single digit, no wind, still coming down at a nice clip,   .5 inch an hour or so.

Gonna head out a little later after it stops snowing or noon, whichever comes first.

Forecast for us is 1-3 on Sat and 5-8 on Sunday and a few more Monday. Gonna get deeeeeep.............again..........

Single digit, no wind, still coming down at a nice clip,   .5 inch an hour or so.

Gonna head out a little later after it stops snowing or noon, whichever comes first.

Wow - and you have another storm later next week.  Unreal.

Just heard from a buddy at Stowe - all engrossed terrain totally locked up.  Open, but brutal.  MRG less than half open. 

This is torture.  

Way to get after it...I can't cancel a ski trip..I've gone to Stowe after a thaw freeze and ended up with some unexpected fresh snow and good tree skiing.

Yeah, that is true, but we have one more open weekend to try for this, and given the snow piling up outside my office window, I feel like driving out of the snow to hope for the best is a little crazy.  Take my kids to the catskills Saturday for assured nice conditions feels like a smarter play.

But who the hell knows....

Oh well.  Next life, I'm not gonna live in NJ.  This sucks.

• Like 2

Yooge crowds, some boilerplate, some pow, some packed pow. Thomke's Express may have been the ROTD, lapped that several times. FIS was decent, some icy shit on the steeps. Peeps are skiing the woods, I've been sticking inbounds. Stoked if the next 5 days go off!

• Like 2

Wow - you are about to hit a home run....

Glad we bailed.  Went to Belleayre with my buddy and my daughter yesterday instead and we had a blast - fresh snow and soft bumps and all the glades skiing beautifully.

We would be driving how around 2 today just as the snow really gets rolling - would have been heart breaking!

Enjoy it Moe!