Moe Ghoul how has Smuggs been?

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Wow - you are about to hit a home run....

Glad we bailed.  Went to Belleayre with my buddy and my daughter yesterday instead and we had a blast - fresh snow and soft bumps and all the glades skiing beautifully.

We would be driving how around 2 today just as the snow really gets rolling - would have been heart breaking!

Enjoy it Moe!

I'm sure you would have called in sick Monday lol. Have fun Tarponhead.

I'm sure you would have called in sick Monday lol. Have fun Tarponhead.

Not an option this monday.  Honestly, that figured big into our decision to bag it.  Had to be home Sunday.  Would ova been awful pulling away and driving through the snow after some frozen sketch skiing.

re-booked the trip for weekend of march 4, hell or high water.  Putting everything on the table from our normal trip to Stowe, to heading to ME, to the long drive to Massif...we'll see....

Meanwhile, you guys up north are gonna wake up in heaven!

• Like 2

Driving home today would have sucked, agreed. But pre-storm mrg and jay did not suck. Sketch at times but also a lot smiles. Granted you are running kids though

actually no kids...this is annual guy trip.  Bonus on my end was getting to cash in on the coastal storm with one daughter.  Had a real great day at Belleayre.

Glad it was solid for you - reports we were getting from stowe was woods were iffy at best, and natural snow trails were real tough.  So we'll try again in march - anywhoo...you're gonna get buried up there tonight!

• Like 1

Loved going to Vermont with a couple of kids in the car. They were always so excited it was infectious.

Me and my dad would always go each winter. In 9th grade did Killington, 10th okemo and Stratton and 11th and 12th grades Stowe and sugarbush. In 11th grade was on the gondola with some UVM students and had the bright idea wow if I went to college up here I can ski here all the time. I remember when I returned from these spots I proudly kept my lift tickets on my jacket. Back then my ski jacket was my winter jacket. They were called parkas back then and would go to CVS with fun saver Camara to get pictures developed.

• Like 2

Me and my dad would always go each winter. In 9th grade did Killington, 10th okemo and Stratton and 11th and 12th grades Stowe and sugarbush. In 11th grade was on the gondola with some UVM students and had the bright idea wow if I went to college up here I can ski here all the time. I remember when I returned from these spots I proudly kept my lift tickets on my jacket. Back then my ski jacket was my winter jacket. They were called parkas back then and would go to CVS with fun saver Camara to get pictures developed.

My purple and green Columbia bugaboo jacket was filled with lift tickets in 8th grade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Off tthe hook this AM, but the Madonna kift started off loading everyother chair due to cable slippage caused by ice. Lift lines were nuts on both Sterling and M!. They didn't open M2 until 10:30. Bummed I couldn't get up for a dawn patrol before they opened. My buddy is a bit slow in the AM. I was plowing the driveway and he was supposed to crank out B-fast. Instead, he dorked around with some work bullshit on the computer. Next time, I'm out the door by 7. No friends on powder days. That said, conditions were amazing.

• Like 5

Winter Storm Warning
VTZ006-008-016>018-151100-
/O.NEW.KBTV.WS.W.0002.170215T1200Z-170217T0000Z/
Lamoille-Washington-Eastern Franklin-Eastern Chittenden-
Eastern Addison-
Including the cities of Johnson, Stowe, Montpelier,
Enosburg Falls, Richford, Underhill, Bristol, and Ripton
318 PM EST Tue Feb 14 2017

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM WEDNESDAY TO 7 PM EST
THURSDAY...

The National Weather Service in Burlington has issued a Winter
Storm Warning for snow...which is in effect from 7 AM Wednesday
to 7 PM EST Thursday.

* Locations...Western Slopes of Vermont.

* Hazard Types...Snow.

* Accumulations...6 to 12 inches of snow.

* Maximum Snowfall Rate...up to 1 inch per hour...mainly
Thursday evening through midnight.

* Timing...Numerous snow showers and snow squalls will develop on
Wednesday...and will transition into a light to moderate terrain
focused snow on Wednesday Night into Thursday.

Skied 4 runs at the open and headed over to Stowe for some boot work. Got new liners for the old Diablos and hopefully got the Cochise's dialed in with custom footbed, shims, etc. Both sets of boots feel way better in terms of snuggness and eliminating slop. Will test them out for the next few days. Then I bought a new helmet and goggles for Valentine's day.

6 run morning, no lines, 3" overnite, Diablos felt like new boots with new liners, just started to snow about  1/2 hour ago. Was planning on heading back Saturday, then the wife gives me a green light to come home Sunday. I said ..............ok. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR4Y6Ll0DwA

Are you up there without your wife??

Morning sesh was all time again with DEEEEEEEEPness, FRESHness, and I got out for the opening bell for some untracked goodness. No lift lines, stayed in bounds, skied Robin's Run, Freefall, Dempsey's and lower part of M1 liftline. Finished with a TtB down Sterling lift line. Back for some lunch and doggy duty, gotta adjust bindings for the other boots and test them out this afternoon. JADIMFP with 72 virgins and a cherry on top!

• Like 2