Montage 2017 thread

Ski2Live Live2Ski

Heading up there now. Appears they got all snow and it should have stopped by the time I arrive. Taking the TP route, which is a bit longer, as I expect it will be better road conditions.

Gonna buy 3 of those $30 weekend tix. One for today, 2 for later in the season. And two of them I will pay for with a 30% discount gift card making the real price $21.

I believe you can buy them online til the 24th. They would only sell for today there.

Zero lines or crowds on 2 beautiful trails: Cannonball (black) was groomed and fast, Boomer (double black) was covered in small soft bumps. Powdery enough that snow often sprayed above my knees. One of my fav trails in PA.

White lighting has major Whales that they are smartly leaving intact to preserve them through tomorrow's rain before spreading them out for holidays.

Lapped them 16 times, about 2/3 on Boomer.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There were some lift lines. Probably up to 3 min for large groups but as a single I had basically no wait.

In good weather I can do the trip in 2:15 (vs 1:40 for Bluebird CB), but this morning was like 2:50 as there was snow falling and on road. Made it home in about 2:25, partially in rush hour.

Would be nice if the runs were longer and the lifts were faster no doubt - but then the lines would likely be longer too.