Jackson hole 1/24-2/1...2017

For what it's worth ABE airport is a super nice and convenient airport but their flights are often cancelled and delayed. For instance the ABE to OHare 6am flight this morning was delayed 2.5 hours. If we would have taken that plane we would have missed the connection in Chicago and then would have had to fly to Denver and then JH

Charlotte has a pretty nice airport.

Not an airport skiers would go through. Maybe if starting in Allentown. Toast mentioned direct flights. I refuse to connect if there are direct flights available so when going to Denver will always fly direct same with Vegas.

Isn't it usually more expensive, too. And I feel like they don't have as many choices and not many direct flights. I would definitely use that airport if it was better.

Not always more expensive at ABE..it's the convenience of it that's better. You can likely have a friend or family member drop you off at ABE or uber or taxi there where Newark and Philly looking at $100 for a week of parking. Pros and cons.

Haven't had to buy food at Chicago airport. Had sausage and eggs in the lounge..looks like 2 hours and 42 minutes of air time. 16 degrees and light snow for JH.

Charlotte has a pretty nice airport.

The food and ambiance at Charlotte are A+

SLC airport kinda blows, easy to navigate and never crowded but the beer sucks and so does the food. Maybe Ive just spent too much time there. I never buy food at the airport, unless they have like a Duncan Donuts. Hard to screw up a bagel and their coffee is good.

I like SLC because it's small and has killer views. I don't think I've ever eaten there.
  • Like 1

How do smokers who smoke every half hour survive a flight. Maybe chewing tobacco and nicotine gum.

My uncle who smokes like a chimney went to Seattle with his girlfriend to visit her family 2 years ago. I bet he was shaking and chewing on cigarettes the whole way. Probably contemplated tampering with the smoke alarm in the bathroom a few times too.

Sitting in first class on philly to Chicago flight sipping on some apple juice. Been up since 210am. philly airport so much better than Newark.

1st class rocks.So Trumpy.

post-2366-0-39273800-1485272965_thumb.jpeg

See if you can finally earn your Mile High Club wings this time around!

post-2366-0-07675900-1485272976_thumb.jpeg

Just had eggs and sausage in the United club yummy.

Fancy!!!

post-2366-0-28828700-1485273437_thumb.jpeg

Not always more expensive at ABE..it's the convenience of it that's better. 

I'm a fan of convenience. I will always pay for convenience.  i believe that my time is always worth something.  I live 20 minutes from PHL.  I see no reason to look for airfare anywhere else.  A flight out of Newark would have to be almost free for me to consider doing all the dumb shit i would have to do to get to Newark.  

Made it from plane to hotel room in like 45 minutes..was greeted with a mimosa by chamber of commerce volunteers in baggage claim..had bags in five minutes and $35 taxi to the 49er. In room now gonna hit up the brewery..Atomic Jeff was lucky enough to be upgraded to first so had a second breakfast and I had a cookie on plane and am hungry and thirsty. JADIP.

A lot of snow in town don't thing there's been this much since 2012. I got a few pictures upon landing. post-512-0-08397100-1485285646_thumb.jpegpost-512-0-32679600-1485285663_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5

do they still take lighters at security? cause i remember in phoenix you had to sneak a lighter or matches through security in order to use the smoking room. however the last time i flew i had my lighter in my carry on bag and it got through

I don't think so...you can always pack a lighter in your checked baggage or buy one for $2 here.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

When we flew to Atlanta, I used my backpack as my carry on. The same one I use hiking. Thought I got all the hiking stuff out. Forgot a big ass knife Was still in there. TSA was not pleased.

That is what I call a real Herman shaker. At least you finished all you cocaine on the last hiking trip lolocopter.

That can also be said for Laquisha earlier at the Philly airport..I honestly think it's so people spend tree fiddy on a 16 ounce bottle of water. TP4 you ready for some JH fun??? It's deep out here!!!

Pro tip: you can bring the bottle through, just not the water. Bring an empty and fill it at the water fountain. Add one of those powdered water enhancers for flavor.

• Like 4