Jackson hole 1/24-2/1...2017

That can also be said for Laquisha earlier at the Philly airport..I honestly think it's so people spend tree fiddy on a 16 ounce bottle of water. TP4 you ready for some JH fun??? It's deep out here!!!

getting really excited, im gonna be happy just landing at the airport and seeing snow on the ground

January 25, 2017 Day 1 of 7.

Hey All,

Finished with a fun first day at Jackson Hole. The bus to the mountain was packed with French people. We secured our 7 day lift tickets for $530 thanks to the 40% season pass discount and managed first civilian gondola with a local who skis everyday who we've seen the last few years. He impressively has over 1500 lifetime days here. First run was a groomed amphitheater to Thunder chair in flat light. Then Grand woods which were playful and had some pockets of leftover fresh. Up sublette and down 10 sleep bowl to the cirque which for pretty tracked out yesterday but still decent. The mountain was super empty today and no liftlines at all.

Up Thunder and down our secret pow stash found a few fresh leftovers..then up Thunder again and down Laramie bowl which was groomed on the left side. Up Sublette and hit up Bivoac woods which was my first tree skiing of the season and nice to know I've still got it..then up Sublette again and over to the Hobacks..the entrance to the hobacks was slightly sketch but farther down was super good with about 700 vert of barely tracked powder in the middle section. There were hoots and hollers..wahahahaha. Then up Union pass lift over to Teeeinot to apres vous down a shitty grooomer to Teton lift then into the Wahaahahaoey glades which were pretty nice and down to Casper chair. Up Casper and over to Thunder..final run consisted of thunder woods, riverton bowl and a lower face.

Was pretty cold today with temperatures in the single digits but I got warm on any non groomer runs. Looks like sunshine tomorrow and TP4 will be here in a few days.post-512-0-06132000-1485379920_thumb.jpegpost-512-0-06132000-1485379920_thumb.jpeg

Conditions look awesome! Did you see Han Solo?

Didn't see Harrison fords plane at the airport. We did last year. Conditions are good. Me and Jeff are picky so not that into sloppy seconds but better than blue is right now and probably the best skiing we'll have all week.

• Like 4

Here's some pictures from today. Report to follow soon. post-512-0-66611500-1485466320_thumb.jpeg titty sparkles in the Hobacks.

Woods shot post-512-0-33858700-1485466372_thumb.jpeg

More woods post-512-0-81178100-1485466503_thumb.jpeg

$13 soft pretzel post-512-0-63966500-1485466530_thumb.jpeg

$7 Arnold Palmer with ice cubes made of iced tea. post-512-0-90650300-1485466568_thumb.jpeg

Philly airport is the 15th busiest in the world going by air traffic

19th busiest US airport in passenger volume. Doesn't make top 50 worldwide.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_busiest_airports_in_the_United_States

• Like 5

January 26th 2017 day 2 of 7

Hey all,

Today was another fun day at Jackson hole mountain resort. We took the town bus to the mountain and were once again first civilian gondola with our local friend who skis everyday on a prototype ski which would normally cost $2500 or so. First run was amphitheater to the Thunder quad in about an inch of new pixie dust on top of groomed snow. Temperatures on the mountain were in the low single digits to start and not much wind. Next run was grand and grand woods which was pretty nice and some powdery areas. Up Sublette and down Pepis run to Alta 3 chute..was mostly soft bumps. Up Sublette again and down the woods to the left of Bivoac I think Wally World named after the ski patroller who died in that area several years back. Back down to the thunder lift and we took some action shots on the Grand then up Sublette and took a few videos of tree skiing in the Bivoac woods.

After that run skied the Hobacks which are started to get a bit more packed powder..I actually enjoy the chalky snow a bit more than yesterday's sloppy seconds..I've never been a fan of tracked out powder either want untracked or smooth...then took Union pass lift skied down to teewinot up teewinot up apres vous and doodled around the right side of Satatoga bowl to St Johns which was a mogul field and hollywooded past some goobers then had a late lunch at the Handlebar in the four seasons soft pretzel to share with cheese sauce for dipping and hot wings for me and pastrami sang for atomic Jeff..Arnold Palmer got me and Pacos IPA for Jeff and now riding the town bus back to the 49er. Back a little early so hope housekeeping is done cleaning our rooms. They have a tendency to move really slow and have caught them sitting on end of the bed watching TV.

The sun tried to peak out today and looks like maybe tomorrow it will be sunny but a lot colder with lows around minus ten. JADIP probably about 25k of vert skied today I'm tired but not as tired as yesterday. JADIJH

• Like 4

Here's some pictures from today. Report to follow soon. attachicon.gifimage.jpeg titty sparkles in the Hobacks.

Woods shot attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

More woods attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

$13 soft pretzel attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

$7 Arnold Palmer with ice cubes made of iced tea. attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

19th busiest US airport in passenger volume. Doesn't make top 50 worldwide.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_busiest_airports_in_the_United_States

Wrong, philly is 15th internationally in aircraft movements

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_busiest_airports_by_aircraft_movements

Edited by theprogram4

Wrong, philly is 15th internationally in aircraft movements

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_busiest_airports_by_aircraft_movements

Aircraft movements is bullshit.  They get a lot of that aircraft movement from UPS which flies at night time as well as a ton of regional jets.  "Busiest airport in the world" is almost always gauged by passenger enplanements, which ATL reigns supreme.

Anyway...fun day at JH today.  A fresh coating of snow softened things up even more and the trees were skiing really nice.  Given how cold it's going to be tomorrow, it'll still be really good for the beginning part of TP4s trip.  Hoping for some sun tomorrow :)

• Like 1