Death on the slopes 1/26/17

enjoralas

Nice day at the CB today. Some runs were Snocone over ice but there were nice conditions on Cliffhanger (fast, firm but carvable) and lower Cleopatra (big soft snowy bumps). Avoided any significant lines. My friend chickened out at the top of Hump when I shared with him the events of the past week.

You don't have to explain I'm the king of threadjacks. You ski blue yesterday or today??

Went up today but was held back by two of my nieces and one nephew that I was treating to the $49 first timer lesson deal. They dawdled in the morning so pops and I didn't even get them on the snow until 930, then booted up and were out just after 10 ourselves. Only made two runs, Paradise, Lazy, and then headed back to the lesson area to meet up with them after their lesson ended. Spent a couple hours taking them up to the top of the School Hill and trying to help them along, but since they all chose to snowboard instead of ski, I wasn't much help. Tried to give them some basic, obvious pointers but they weren't really listening anyway. Didn't go very well, lol, but they all said they had a good time. 

By the time we got on the hill conditions were pretty shitty, and it was crowded as all hell, including a couple of shmucks with a kiddie lesson group strung out 2/3 of the way across the face of the trail smack in the middle of the hard right toward the bottom of Lazy. Morons.