Belleayre Upgrades

Ride Delaware ?

It's not April fools, but it sure sounds like it. Massive lodge upgrades coming to Belleayre. Also, did I mention what might be The Northeasts most southern Gondola?

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-announces-8-million-upgrades-belleayre-ski-resort

Mountain Creek has the worst non-surface lift ever built.

Belleayre development is particularly cool in that it will be their first TTB lift, making their runs almost as long as Hunter and Windham.

Coolest part is all the terrain of the old Highmount area is also being linked and opened up.

Plattekill is pissed.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Touche.

But their bottom stuff is more interesting to me than homestretch. At lease it's scenic and wooded.

And it actually won't boost their vertical stat at all, it will just be their first TTB lift.

Yeah but when the mountain was built they added that lower mountain area to boost their vert even though 95% of the people only ski the top 900-1100 very depending on the side of the mountain. I like Dot Nebel a lot. It's like their razors edge can fly on that and upper Oneteria is steep for 400 vert at the top and can Hollywood for the people on the lift. Same with the more mellow bump line under the high speed quad. I used to ski belleayre every season in mid April when everywhere else was closed. Also skied there in November. That's about as far as I'd go for a day trip and the lodging around there is the suck. I do like the town of Phoenicia..couple nice restaurants. Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Got married at a B&B less.thsn a mile from Belleayre, a place we found when we were mountain biking at Plattekill and realized we forgot our tent.

Having the lower mountain as a segregated beginner area wasnt a bad idea actually. It will be less good for beginners with all the faster traffic the gondola base will draw down there.

Place is a bit like an inverted Montage. Both with the lodge in the middle and tough stuff one way easy stuff the other.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

I hardly ever go inside the main lodge. I've never been inside the lower lodge. I think I used the bathroom at Belleayre once... It was poorly managed by the DEC. Now that it's actually being run as a resort, with a real lift ticket price, it makes the deficiencies more obvious.

Yeah. It's depressing

Yup I ate in there with Zaldon, Glenn, Atomic Jeff and Librider back in 2006. Was still expensive ski area food like $15 for a burger fries and drink. I remember the bar upstairs being pretty nice with a big deck.

Belleayre always used to give out free lift tickets. I think if it rained they gave out a free ticket for another day and if you went opening day you received a free ticket for another day that season and the list went on and on and on. I think I only paid for a ticket there maybe 3 out of 8 times I skied there.

• Like 1

Only think about the Gondi that makes sense is, it would encourage everyone to use the lower lodge - which I think is getting a big renovation also - and you can have one lift to get you straight to the top. 

The proposed line/location wouldn't make any sense for lapping.  It would purely be an alternate rout to the Tomahawk trail.

It's really probably more for summer revenue than anything.

• 3 months later...

That gondola and it's placement is the biggest waste of money I ever saw at a ski area. I guess that's what happens when it's state run. A privately owned mountain would spend that money much more wisely. I wonder what state official is getting a kickback on that gondola installation? Someone has to be because it makes no sense at all as far as improving the ski experience.

Load near Discovery lodge. I'm guessing it will be Belleayre's first true t2b lift.

Yeah it must be nice to be able to spend other people's money on things.

All the recent development in downtown Allentown is due to PA state taxpayer money and 8 new restaurants and stores have already shut down as it's a ghost town on non event nights.

I've never even been to the discovery lodge at bellesgee always parked at the overlook lodge.

All the recent development in downtown Allentown is due to PA state taxpayer money and 8 new restaurants and stores have already shut down as it's a ghost town on non event nights.

i enjoy following your facebook comments on allentown political goings on because i find it so funny they are trying to gentrify allentown